cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy X get Y and Z (Sales Deal?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if you can set up a deal where the customer buys 2 of material X for $100, and they get 2 Y and 1 Z for free.

The solution would have to be where you enter material X in VA01 and materials Y and Z populate automatically.

Is there an SAP standard solution for this?

We are running R/3 4.7.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible in standard SAP to give B and C as free to A or when B and C are ordered we cannot give A as free either. Its a limitation.

Hope it answers your query. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can probably happen, if Y & Z are maintained as free goods with X. Just try configuration & map business process for free goods.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems this query can be answered perfectly with the help of bnous buy functionality in IS Retail.

Its type of BB04 condition .sicne yand z are free then you need to create article group(VBG1)add 2 materails in this group

In preqrequites add X and in target enter this article group in target that will determine the 2 materails free.

This requirementcan be easily captured with the help of bonus buy.

Thanks

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there some SAP documentation that explains that this is a limitation?

I have heard it was a limitation, until recently, when some SD consultants said that I can do that in standard SAP.

They insist that they did just that on their last project, however, they have not been able to show me a proof of concept.

If there is documentation of the limitation from SAP, I would consider the question answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus.,

This is a small sujjestion,i am sorry if i am wrong,wen we need to ive A and B for C,we can relate A to B in VBN1 and C good can be entered manually by changing the item category in order manually as TANN.,

I think it satisfies the requirement

narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus.,

This is a small sujjestion,i am sorry if i am wrong,wen we need to ive A and B for C,we can relate A to B in VBN1 and C good can be entered manually by changing the item category in order manually as TANN.,

I think it satisfies the requirement

narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard SAP its a limitation that for item ' A ' you cannot give items ' B ' and ' C ' as free. And similarly if the customer places order for B and C you cannot give item A as free. Mean to say we cannot give 1 : 2 or 2 :1 free goods.

Its a small possibility that we can put B and C into a BOM for say ' X units' quantity of A. But the problem is if the customer orders say 10 X units the BOM does nt multiply accordingly.

Apart from the BOM, I can suggest another way that is to use cross selling concept. Here we need to identify what all materials can go as freee and associate them in T. Code VB41. At the sales order level you get a pop up window allowing you to select the items and whatever quantity you want. For these items to as free we need configure the item necessary according to our requirement in VOV4. Then we need to modify the resulting item categories as suitable for free goods ( Like make them behave as TANN ).

But despite all the above effort of modifying cross selling concept, we are restricted to use a particular order type only. Means we have to have a ' Z ' order type to do this. And regular items should go in a standard order. And this becomes very cumbersome.

And thats what I said. Its a standard SAP limitation to give 1 : 2 or 2 : 1 free goods. And BOM's are also not supported as they dont multiply accordingly.

I guess my big answer would be a little confusing. I can always explain. Anyways, bottomline is theres a standard SAP limitation to give 1 : 2 or 2 : 1 free goods.

But SAP Retail has come up with solutions for all these kinds of variations and many more.

Hope my explanation helps you.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore