cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity and Unit Rate control on WBS Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please let me know, is there any standard process, where my client need to have control over Quantity and Unit Rate of each WBS Element.

Regards,

Bhadra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use network activities. Create material components and assign them to network activities. Basing on the master date set up, the price will default which will be valuated with Qty requirements.

Rest is the normal process PR>PO>GR etc.

Discuss with your MM consultant to set up material as needed.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your query is not that much clear.?

Could you please tell from where exactly you define quantity and unit rate in WBS.?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Actually we are doing Detailed Cost Planning, where we maintain Period wise Planned Quantity and Unit Price. So My need control over those planned quantity and rate in addition to the Budget check.

For example: WBS-1 is having planned quantity of 100 with 10 Rs as unit Price.

In this case my Budget is 1000 Rs and assume that we have released the entire Budget i.e., 1000

So whenever we create a PR/PO/Service order system should check ( QTY-100, Rate-10 and Released Budget-1000) with planned values.

At any point in time the procurement should not happen more than planned Qty/Rate/Release Budget amount.

I think now you are clear about my requirement...

Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhadra,

I believe that you have maintained the budget tolerance limit. ? For procurement process, follow the suggestion given by Sudhakar. You can very well add material components to Network Activities and prices and quantity can be picked up from Material Master and similarly you will have a budget control on them. Please use "++" Tolerance Group in SPRO when you define budget tolerance limit.

Besides this, you can also generate reservation for your material components. Please ask your MM consultant to configure the same. You need to have a Material Procurement Indicator, Separate Document Type for PR/PO and you need to tag this document type for Order Category 20 (which is for Networks).

Regards,

Amit

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i right assume your query then this additional check not possible in standard sap ps you have to move in SD also for this scenario like you have to freeze quantity in VA41 sales contract then as per execution of project you would be required few quantity out of freeze quantity. so you can double click on material or line item of QC it will go to tab where you need to put needed quantity once you save that job PR would be create for last putted quantity.

if you put more then freeze quantity system will not allow to do it so we can say this would be additional check for rate and material quantity.

Regards,
Sanjeev