cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TM Planning Query ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to TM .Please steer me right if the solution is not in right direction .

This is outbound shipper scenario. Transportation of finished goods to customers is expected. Client wants to plan is advance based on orders and as we go close to real delivery date the plan will be further refined/ confirmed.

SO in ECC--> OTR in TM --> freight Unit--> Planning run ---> freight order --> Delivery proposal --> Delivery in ECC --> DTR in TM consumes OTR ---> (further planning in TM  here lies my doubt )

What happens if stock is not there in ECC , when delivery proposal is sent to ECC from TM . Also what happens if some order is cancelled/changed in mean time. The DTR which consumes OTR is already planned  hence i can't replan it now.

Other option is :

SO in ECC --> Delivery in ECC--> DTR in TM --> Freight unit in TM --> Planning run ---> Freight Order --> Shipment document in ECC.

But in this case i.e. planning based on DTR   hence planning is done only at the last moment .

We want to do planning in advance so that we can reserve sufficient trucks for transportation.

(Having exp. in APO planning) I am making analogy to SNP run as long term planning and Deployment run for final short term planning.  Not sure if this is correct way to look at this scenario.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

---What happens if stock is not there in ECC , when delivery proposal is sent to ECC from TM . Also what happens if some order is cancelled/changed in mean time. The DTR which consumes OTR is already planned  hence i can't replan it now.---

When the delivery proposal is trigged from TM, ERP check the ATP just like no TM process. So the stock avaiability is done at this moment and update or not the FU with the DTR reference. If you´re talking about MTS scenario where you can have a lot of stock issues when creating a delivery, Id recommend you to call the delivery generation before instead after planning.

You have to deal with this trade off: planning in advance based on OTR to have more load composition vs based only in firm stocks(deliveries). Is it clear?

Kind Regards, Marcelo Lauria