cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have an requirement from the client to create a sales BOM for e.g I create a BOM in CS01 as shown in the e.g below. Please note the pricing, delivery & inventory is carried on sub item & the below qty. mentioned is as per a single set. Item              Qty                    Item Category A                  1                        ZFST                          Main Item b                    2                        ZFTN                          Sub Item c                    2                        ZFTN                          Sub Item d                    2                        ZFTN                          Sub Item Now I have a query if the customer orders 5 set for the above qty they the qty would be as follows Item              Qty                    Item Category A                  5                        ZFST                          Main Item b                    10                        ZFTN                          Sub Item c                    10                      ZFTN                          Sub Item d                    10                      ZFTN                          Sub Item Is there any possibility in the system wherein we can do some config if the customer wants multiple of sets & the qty changes in the SO & they dont have to change the set qty in CS02 every time. Can you please advice on this one if it is possible to maintain multiple of sets without DOING CHANGES IN cs02 evertytime. Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From your questions it seems like you have not tested anything or you are taking my interview because these are interview questions. It would be nice if you try this in your system and get your results by yourself. If you get some issue or confusion after testing then come again with a specific question.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please don't misunderstand me. I have tested it in the system but still I am not able to get to the conclusion that is why I am asking for help. Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What was the outcome of your testing? When you changed the quantity of main item did system change quantity of sub item or not? Ideally system should change quantity of sub item as well.

For your second question again I must say that you can test this and find your result.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi When I change the main item item qty the system doesnt change the qty of subitem even after changing the item. I have a doubt over here is this have to do anything with the copy control. Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This has nothing to do with copy control. I misunderstood this with free goods functionality. In free goods system changes quantity of sub items when we change of main item. In SD BOM you can't change quantity of sub items automatically. As per my testing this is not happening. You can create alternative BOM for same header material with different quantities and at the time of BOM explosion system will ask you to chose the relevant BOM. This is workable if there are fix sets of materials. IF sets are too much in number then this is not workable and you need to do some modification in MV45AFZZ in field modification userexit.

PS:  Lakshmipathi sir, I have tested the way you suggested but it is not changing quantity of sub items automatically.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply As mentioned by you in the earlier thread when we change the qty in main item (multiple) then only qty of sub item will change. However in my case even after changing the qty of main item sub item qty are not getting changed. Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

' MoazzaM '

The scehdule line dates for components should also be in line with header. 

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

Schedule line dates are same for header and sub items but still system is not changing quantity. May be I am missing something else.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It would be nice if you add these item categories and values in a table because it is difficult to understand.

I think you want that customer can have different combinations of a BOM. There are two possibilities. Change in BOM in CS02 or change during order processing. What other option do you want to have in sale order? Please elaborate more.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply My only query in CS01 we set up material as per 1 set, but if the customer requires 10 set for the same kit, in that case will it appear in the SO if the main item qty is change to 10 & will the subitem automatically change in multiple of 10. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I would like to know if the material substitution is set then can the changes reflect for indexed material e.g 1234500-1234501

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say that when you tested by changing the quantity of header, quantity has not changed for components?  If so, check whether the requested delivery date of header and components are same.  Quantity of components will get changed automatically only if the requested delivery date is same both for header and components.

G. Lakshmipathi