cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Focus in List Tile View in iPad : AGENTRY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a critical problem. I have a screen with two List tile view. The object assigned to the screen is MainObject and the two List tile views display Collection1 and Collection2.

Now the requirement is user should select an object from either Collection1 or Collection2 and press on continue button.

I am using an iPad as device. The problem is when the screen is displayed, the first object from each List tile view is automatically focused. I can't change the Initial focus setting at all. Whatever entry is given in the Focus field, the first objects of both the List Tile views kept on selected.

Is there any resolution so that I can atleast define the initial focus??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In terms of setting the selected item in a tile list you can use the List Selection action step.

So in your action that displays the screen, after the navigates step add a List Selection step (or two in your case) to set the initially selected item in each list.

You will specify the Screen Set / Screen and List Control that the step will act against and then define how you want rows selected (By Rule, First Row, Last Row, Next Row, None).  In my example about I am using a rule to select the first row where my rule returns true.

While I have done this for a single list successfully I have not tried with two lists but don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bill,

Thanks a lot. I will definately give it a try and keep the post updated.

Regards,

Sourav

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sourav,

You could also set the List Tile controls to single-click.  That way they will not auto select the first row, and you would not even need a continue button.  As soon as the user clicks a row, the select action on the List Tile control would run.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bill. I have tried to create a navigate step like the one you suggested. but it does not work on the iPad. Can get it to work in the ATE though. Does it work for you ?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Lau,

Yes, I have it working on the iPad but we are using the Select Rows by Rule.  I have not tried the Last Row option that your screen shot shows.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for the fast reply. Is it possible for me to see your rule ?

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lau,

Here is an example of a rule to select a particular row on iPad for a List Tile control.  This assumes that the list is displaying Order objects:

EQSTR

Order Object -> ID Property

[Test]

[Test] above is a string constant, but you could point to a property, global, or any other valid target.  The above rule will find the Order row in the list that has an ID with a value of "Test" and select it.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here is a screen shot of my rule.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys. Thanks for all your help. But it does not work on my iPad.

I have made a button that executes the the following:

What version of Agentry do you use ?

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lau,

Don't just use OperationID Property.  Always fully qualify the object type when possible: Whatever Object -> OperationID Property.  This will often help Agentry to know exactly what you are trying to do, instead of letting it guess.  Do this by right-clicking the object and changing context in the property browser.  This might not fix your problem in this case, but it is good practice in general.

Always assume Bill F. and I are using the current Agentry version which at this moment is 7.0.3 on SMP 3.0.  I know this worked in 6.x though.  The better question is, what version are you using?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just for the record, my example screen shots are from a Work Manager 5.3 impelmentation running under Agentry 6.0.36 on the server with Agentry 6.0.38.x on the iPad.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bill and Jason. I am also configuring a solution based on WM 5.3. We have used the editor and server install files that were in the SAP WM 5.3 installation package. Our server and editor runs on Agentry 6.0.22.0, and we use the most recent version of the "Syclo Agentry" application on the appstore (the one with IOS 7 look). I can't find any patches to this setup on the SAP marketplace ?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can find the latest under Installations and Upgrades - A - AGENTRY - AGENTRY 6.0 on the SAP Software download center.  You will want to upgrade to 6.0.40.2 on teh server when that becomes available to address the Heartbleed bug.  IT should be up on the marketplace any time now.

--Bill