cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read Editable field in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

i have a table with 5 columns( one column is editable field ( Amount column)) pls check the below screen shot, , its binded with an internal table , now i want to edit the amount columns ( for eg 100 ), could any one pls let me know how to capture the editable value ( ie 100 ), when i am trying to read amount field , i am getting the old value ( ie 15,000),

Thanks

Vijaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

I think you are trying to read data from ALV table instead of normal table.

If you are using alv table, the changed data will not be updated in context node immediately after action. To get the latest changed data of alv into context node, you need to use the method REFRESH of interface controller of alv component.

lo_interface_alv_ctrl->refresh( ).

Now, the latest data from alv will be updated into the context node.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Can you please do a printscreen with your code in wdmodifyview() method? maybe in debugger mode? 

Thanks,

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

You can read the context node in WDDOMODIFYVIEW() method. After you press enter, this method is called.

Please try it and give  a feedback.

Regards,

Hancila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hancila

even i checked in WDDOMODIFYVIEW() method, i am not able to see changed value in debug mode ,

Thanks

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijaya Laxmi,

1. After editing the Amount field in the table are you having any option like saving detials.If you have saving details like clicking on save button then read the table from the context node in the table action method.
  2. If you don't have saving details like clicking on save button, then after editing field user press Enter button or performs any action in that case write your code logic for reading table data in the Modifyview  method. This will give you table edited data.

Regards,
Ravikiran.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

i tried to read the context node  in event ONENTER of the input field, but the value is not changed, i am not able to capture the changed amount

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

I am able to read the values before edited and after editing. Code i have written is in the ONENTER action method. I have simply read the Table node values.

1. Applicaiton data

2. Values In Debugging mode by clicking on Enter button on the second row.

3. Edit second value and click on Enter

Regards,

Ravikiran.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi,

i am not able to read changed value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laxmi,

can you share your code and once check it in debug mode.

Regards,

Ravikiran.k