cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse stock upload

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I have activated warehouse mgmt for the plant which was previously only at IM level.When uploading stocks thru LSMW,i gave interim storage type 998 & bin AUFNAHME .when i saw the stock in ls24 there was negative stocke in 998 & AUFHNAME & positive stock in the storage type & bin in which i uploaded the stock.

How to remove the -ve stock in 998 ?

Is the process followed is correct or it has to be done in a different way?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you just did the second step and missed the initial load as explained by Manish and Frenchy, this causes the negative quants in 998

if you missed to create a new storage location which is warehouse managed and only activate WM for the existing storage location without removing the stock, and just executed this second step, then you can solve this issue by deleting all quants in 998  from table LQUA.

Certainly not a clean process, and I am not recommending this as a standard approach, but it is possible and not really dangerous, as LQUA has no dependend table entries in other tables.

Here is a link to the docu with 5 different migration cases: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di46c2/helpdata/EN/dc/1939516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm?framese...

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

I know how to upload the stock in a green field implementation.The issue is caused bcoz we have activated WM for storage location which is already having stock when i try to post from 998 ,AUFNAHME it cretaed negative stock as explained in the question

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I gave you already the answer in my earlier reply what you can do to correct the situation.

I assume that you are already live as the stock load is the very last step before Go-live, and as there is a week gone since you posted your question I cannot believe that you would want to consider to cancel the entire load.

If this is pure academic question, then of course you can cancel the load, then switch off the WM link, then move stock from old to new storage location, then activate the link for old storage location again, move the material back from new location to old location, then do your load again.

regarding your question "where should I load 561". if you have already stock then you must not load any stock in MM otherwise you would double your stock .

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The only reason that you would have negative stocks in 998 AUFNAHME is that you have taken stock out of there that is not there.

Basically ypou should have two LSMW;s

1. Load the stock with movement 561 (563 or 565 iF Q or S)If the St loc you load in to is WM managed then the stock will appear in 998 AUFNAHME

2. Creat LSMW based on LT01 with mvement type 999 where sourse st type and st bin is always 998 AUFNAHME and then  populate the destination st type and bin and this will carry out Bin to bin movements

There should not be any issues with this process

Hope that this helps

Frenchy

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Where should i load the stock with 561 in IM or WM?

What i did to overcome issue

I created a new storage location(2000) not linked to WM.Posted all the stocks from WM manged(1000) to Non WM managed storage

location(2000).Then de linked WM managed storage location (1000).Then moved the stock to 1000 storage location then linked WM to 1000

storage location & then posted the stock to WM using LSMW for LT01 & movement type 999

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

At a very basic level once you upload the stock using movement type 561 (IM first) system automatically post the entry into 998-Aufnahme(based on the movement type setting)  after this you can use Bin to Bin to move the stock from 998 to Physical storage type / Storage bin , My suggestion is check your LSMW whether it is following the process in two step or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

Please check if there is an open delivery that still needs to be PGR'd, that will clear the difference. The reason you're seeing a negative and a positive posting, is so that the stock on IM level is still 0.

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

No we don't sell anything,i have checked the stock in mb52 it is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Negative stocks in Interim ST 998 can arise due to cancellation of 561 mov in IM. Hence check if there are any open TR's or TO's for interim storage type - 998.

Also drill down on the interim strorage 998, Bin - AUFNAME in LS24 showing -ve stocks to find out the related material document.

Also check LX23 for IM/WM stock comparison, if its an inventory difference you can clear the same through transaction - LI21.

Thanks,

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

No cancellation of 561

No open TR & TO's

No inventory difference

Former Member
0 Kudos