Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My point deducted

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just want to know why 10 point from my account were deducted ?

Regards,

Divyanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I  looked at your discussion

This discussion has no answer , no solution.

If you had marked your own reply "Found the answer" as correct answer, then

• you do not get any points, because one cannot assign points to himself
  • as said "found the answer" is not an answer to the question

I would have removed the correct answer too if it had happened in my moderation area.

And a removal of a correct answer by a moderator reduces the points by 10, that is a fact. The system does not check if you got 10 points for this answer earlier.

You were actually asked to provide the answer that you found yourself to make this thread useful for future readers with the same issue, this has not happened yet.

Just do that and hope that the moderator who removed the correct answer will then assign the correct answer to the new reply. this will then result in 10 points which equalizes your -10 and everything is back in order.

Otherwise just take it as a learning experience. If you post a question and found the solution yourself, then share this solution with the community. Knowledge exchange is the purpose of a community. Questions with only having '"found by myself" as answer are just useless and disturbing  in the search results

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an excellent system, and I'm glad it works this way.

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

very astonishing, but this time I can't agree with you.

It's very frustrating to get thread points "stolen" after 5 months. What about the badges you earned with this points or new missions you started after completing the mission with this points?

If all thread points and correct answers have to be approved by moderators, then the author of the thread should be able to mark helpful and correct answers, but the points should be given not until the thread is "closed" or finished and approved.

Then the approving mod can accept the marked answers or unmark them or move the thread to a pointless forum, but the points should be given without "stealing" them some months later.

Btw all threads should be closed. Either they are answered or they should be closed automatically or manually after a while. But it should be impossible to add a post "I have the same issue" to a three years old thread.

Sorry, your excellent system statement prvoked me to this answer. Maybe I'm suffering deeply from yesterdays Champions League result.

Best regards,

Klaus

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think if someone answers their own question with "I solved it on my own" without further details, and marks that as the correct answer, it is entirely appropriate  they should lose ten points, on the grounds of expecting the community to help when their in trouble, but not paying that help back.

I am only referring to this scenario.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have also seen closing the thread with the statement "I solved it on my own", but there are moderators ( in mobile space do that ) who asks for solution and close the thread in the right way too. In that way the solution of the question would be available to all. If the OP didn't come back to close the thread with the solution it's appropriate they should lose 10 points.

Midhun VP

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Certainly a useful (as in educational) feature, reminds me of the ten open questions limit and unteachable people piling up ten locked yet open questions...

Thomas

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That actually is not a bad idea on its own. As the moderator who unmarked that particular answer, I must admit I did not mean to deduct any points (I just can't accept it as correct and asked the author to share the answer with the community - which still hasn't happened yet).

But now I think it might be actually useful and would potentially improve the overall quality of discussions here on SCN if the system could automatically deduct 10 points if the OP answered the thread with merely "found the answer" or "solved it on my own". I hope this would quickly teach people who do it not to do it.

cc to check if this is feasible

Cheers,

--Vlado

aadityanigam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A point Klaus raised resonates with me..."Answered thread to should be locked"

I recently answered a question in the "i have the same  slightly different problem too" category.

Though i was thanked for my answer, there was no way that i could be awarded points for that one.

On the other hand i could not bring myself to get the person to open a new thread for a straight forward question that took me about 5 minutes to answer.

warm regards

aadi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to http://scn.sap.com/reputation.jspa?username=divyanshu.srivastava3&viewID=places

Just flip the Java Development.

You can see in Java Development, your 10 points are deducted because someone has unmarked your question as answer.

You can see in this forum, you have got -10. Its just because, when you got the 10 points (correct answer), at that time the discussion was in another forum. But after the discussion is moved to Java Development. And OP has unmarked the reply as correct after the discussion moved.

Regards

Dev

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But then.. no point were awarded to me for the post even when I marked the correct answer when nobody replied and I found the answer by own.

Then why point are deducted ?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you mark your own reply as correct, then you will not get any points..

Regards

Dev

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dev, I saw my thread where no point were awarded but are deducted. And that was my only post their.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your points are not deducted for your thread.

You participated in a thread before 5 months ago. At that time you got the correct answer for your reply in other thread before 5 months.

Now yesterday, OP has unmarked your reply as correct, so that your points are deducted.

And you are confused because it happens after 5 months.

This is nothing related to your thread.

Regards

Dev