cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Notification is triggering at the completion of each path

mohammed_shariff
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my company we are using BRF+ flat rule for routing rule in process id: SAP GRAC Access Request.  The problem is when each path is completed the end user receives close notification and we want user to receive close notification only at the end of request. For example:  request splits into two paths, (1) training verification, (2) 2nd level role approval – when training verification is completed user receives close notification and also he receives after the completion of 2nd level role approval path.

Highly appreciate your response in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

Is your notification on the global settings for notification or is there a notification on a stage setting of a path?

Regards

Colleen

mohammed_shariff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Colleen,

we do not have close notification in global settings, so it is some where in stage settings but I don't see it GRAC_AR_CLOSE.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

Go through your stage notification settings and find what you do have for the agent

you need to move the notification to global settings to get a single communication when request has been fully processed.

regards

Colleen

mohammed_shariff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Colleen,

FYI!

close notification text "

The following access has been processed from access request %REQNO% that was submitted on your behalf:

%PROVISIONING_WITHOUT_PASSWORD%

Please note that some of your access may still be pending approval. You can check the status of your request by logging into SAP ARM"

I don't see this template ID GRAC_AR_CLOSE linked to any recipient ID in any stage notification settings and looking at the above text message the person who build this workflow knows that this notification triggers at each path.

Let me know, if I am missing anything.

Regards,

Mohammed

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

What are you getting for the APPROVED notification event? Possibly show some screen shots?

Have a look at the MSMP instance runtime for one of your processed requests to see what is

the person who build this workflow knows that this notification triggers at each path

If the above suggestion do not help, perhaps the person who built the workflow can show you where it notification is triggered from?

Regards

Colleen

mohammed_shariff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Colleen,

End users receives the same notification for partial roles approved as well as at the completion of request with this Subject: Access Request 9061 Closed - though there were some roles pendingfor approvals.

coud you guide me how should I check "MSMP instance runtime"

mamoonr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check MSMP runtime by executing tcode:GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD MSMP

Thanks,

Mamoon

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

Again, please go to the Notification for the Stage/Path/Sequence Number where the approval step takes place.

If you do not want the user to receive any notification until the entire request has been completed then you need to remove the notification event and add one on the global settings.

Please search SCN for MSMP instance runtime transaction/webdynro. It is a tool you will want to become familiar with to assist you in troubleshooting your MSMP configuration and tracking request issues.

Regards

Colleen

mohammed_shariff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Colleen,

I have added approved notification event in notification settings and close notification in global process settings which resolved my issue.  Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Mohammed

Answers (0)