cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alt cal type for discount calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created ZDIS Cond Type, with No Access sequence assigned to it. In pricing procedure I've assigned a custom formula (say 910) to calculate the discount value in Alt calculation type column.

Alt calculation formula will calculate discount & pass the value to condition type ZDIS if discount is applicable (calculation is working fine).

But Cond type ZIDS is getting picked up in order/billing as zero condition value by default every time I create order even though there is no discount calculated by routine/applicable. I've checked alt calculation type is not passing zero value , system is taking zero by default.

In analysis its showing: condition type ZDIS 207 Condition has been found (without condition record)

with this setting cond. type wont get picked up by default with zero value,  but I need to enter ZDIS manually then system triggers routine to calculate discount every time. (analysis shows Manual condition).

Is it due to No Access sequence assigned to cond. type & cond. value is determined via Alt cal type formula ? zero value gets picked up be default?

Can you pls. suggest how to prevent cond. type getting picked up in order/billing with zero value by default.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

According to your issue i.e

"i ha've created ZDIS Cond Type, with No Access sequence assigned to it. In pricing procedure I've assigned a custom formula (say 910) to calculate the discount value in Alt calculation type column.

Alt calculation formula will calculate discount & pass the value to condition type ZDIS if discount is applicable (calculation is working fine)".

I don't know what is your requirement but it is better you  maintain  condition records for the condition

types and you can make the same condition type as manual in the pricing procedure.you can try

this way it may be helpful.....

regards

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Actually we dont want to maintain cond record for ZDIS cond. type.

Routine will calculate Discount value & populate to ZDIS Cond type, No cond. record is used.

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

but you should. If you say that in some cases the system is calculating zero as default value for this condition, I guess that there are cases in which your formula doesn't calculate the value or in which ZDIS condition shouldn't be evaluated.

You should define an access sequence and define a very generic access table to determine condition ZDIS. You say

if discount is applicable (calculation is working fine)."

this logic should be implemented in the "Requirement" routine assigned to the access sequence step. In this way you will determine condition ZDIS only when the requirements are met.

Best regards,

Andrea