SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving SAP ISU FICA Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to archive SAP Print documents. Just wondering what is the best place to fit in the Archiving of FICA Documents. Before Print Documents or After Meter Reading Documents (when all the other objects are archived) Archiving?

What are the pros and cons of each approach?

Any Idea would be helpful.

I know from process prespective we can do anywhere but from a SAP Best practise or Other utitlities standards what is a recommended appraoch?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

As there is a dependency b/w the IS-U FICA document and the Print documents, the best practice would be to archive the Print documents first based on the following criteria-

(a) Only those Print document line items can be archived, if the document is printed

(b) Print Documents with clear FICA items can only be archived.

Once the Print Documents have been archived, then IS-U FICA document can be archived if the corresponding Print document has been archived, based on the above criteria.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

Thanks for your reply. Just wondering why can't we archive the FICA documents (which are cleared) first and then archive the print documents. From a process prespecitve and SAP standard check prespective I don't see any dependency. Infact when I was checking the write program documentation for FICA documents this is what I found:

Archiving plan

Procedure

Document analysis with regard to whether or not documents can be archived requires archiving in two stages.

In the first step you have to archive clearing documents and statistical documents. This is the prerequisite for being able to archive other documents in a second step.

If you do not keep to this sequence, then you cannot archive the data volume you want in an archiving run.

Examples

You have an invoice with posting date 02/02/20xx and a payment for this invoice with posting date 04/04/20xx. "You cannot archive the invoice until you have archived the payment."

This bold statement suggests that we should do the FICA document archiving first before going for invoicing but I don't see this restriction applied in the system.

So not sure what is the best approach.

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I don't think so there is any check in the the SAP which restricts the Print Document to be archived before a FICA document.

However, you can implement that check in event 2760.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

Thanks for your reply. I think I know how to put this restriction but just wondering about best practise. What is a good approach to follow? Archive Print document first or FICA document First.

Which one to choose and why?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think the best approach would be to archive print document first then FICA documents , because in the other scenario you can come up with a scenario where the FICA documents have been cleared and archived , this can result in reversal of print document "no longer being possible " although it still exists in the system. This is already  implemented in event 0500.

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

FICA documents are of 2 types: One is the clearing document and the other is the main document which is being cleared. (Here the main document is the corresponding FICA posting of an invoice). The archiving object FI_MKKDOC (for archiving FICA documents) archives both of these FICA documents separately. When you run the archiving program, you get two radio buttons:

1. ''Only Pure Clearing/ Stat. Documents''

2. ''Other documents (Invoice, Credit Memos, and so on)''.

There is a dependency within this object that the clearing documents should be archived before archiving the main document.

Hence regarding the program documentation of FI_MKKDOC you mentioned, the statement ''You cannot archive the invoice until you have archived the payment", it mentions the dependency of clearing and main FICA documents within the same object FI_MKKDOC and it does not mention the dependency between the object FI_MKKDOC and object ISU_PRDOCL (which is the object for Print document line item archiving).

Now coming to the dependency of different objects, unless and until the print document line items (object ISU_PRDOCL) and print document header items (object ISU_PRDOCH) are archived, the main documents of object FI_MKKDOC cannot be archived.

Hence as per the standard SAP process, the sequence of archiving should be first ISU_PRDOCL, then ISU_PRDOCH and only then object FI_MKKDOC (i.e first the print documents and then the FICA documents).

Again, within, FI_MKKDOC also, archive the ''Only Pure clearing documents'' first and only then archive ''Other Documents''.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,

Megha

surya_kiran1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

for FI_MKKDOC archiving i have archived all print documents and clearing able to archive but invoice documents taking time(job is long running) to archive.

per job it is taking nearly 8hrs to complete.

is their any alternative approach for this.

thanks & regards,

surya kiran.