cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Material availability date for ECC ATP check & for APO ATP check in the same order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a question: on what basis material availability date is calculated in forward scheduling?

Eg:

For a customer GR hours are maintained in unloading point calendar in customer master and Customers are not CIF'ed across to APO.

GR hours are maintained for weekdays from 8:00 to 12:00 & 1:00 to 6:00.

In a sales order with two line items with Requested date today & plenty of stock on hand for two products( ECC & APO) where line 10 (product 1) triggers ECC ATP check & line 20 (product 2) triggers APO ATP check at same location (loc1).

RDD is today, material availability date for ECC ATP check (line 10) is today (working as expected) but where as the material availability date for APO ATP check (line 20)is pushed to next day by which for the same customer there are different delivery dates. And two delivery notes will be created & truck will be on road at different times for the same customer which is unacceptable.

What am I missing here to get the material availability date as today for forward scheduling? Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Nihar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SAP Note 2119542. This is specific to issue which happens with Order over Day Light Saving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala, Soneji,

A way to avoid different dates for ECC & APO products is to:

Maintain working times in  Shipping point configuration with location specific factory calendar & maintain the working times of the shipping point similar to APO time stream shipping calendar (00:00 to 24:00)

Thanks,

Nihar

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

I am not quite sure how this will affect the forward scheduling which was calculating the MBDAT on the next day because of the unloading time constraints for that customer. This still should continue to behave in the same manner. Or am I missing something? Anyways, glad to know your problem is resolved.

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soneji,

Earlier, ECC was functioning in days as I did not configure the working times and by default material availability date in ECC will consider current date with 00:00 time stamp and will calculate the rest of the dates accordingly. If the working times are specified in the shipping point, ECC will consider current date with current time stamp (according to the Start & End date in working time) and will calculate the rest of the dates.

I hope I was clear this time.

Thanks,

Nihar

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nihar,

Thanks for the explanation. Glad you could resolve the query.

Regards,

Parth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bala,

But still I have a question.

How to get ECC & APO delivery dates the same? Using delivery group is right way?

When I re-scheduling & BOP for ECC products & APO products on the same order - how does this work?

Thanks,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

When ATP check is performed based on RDD; MAD date is derived and with MAD other dates are populated.. Stock is available today and MAD date should be today and after that forward scheduling can be done..

Again check your dates settings in ECC and APO for that pdt & plant, local time zones used, time stream buckets.....

Delivery group will try to provide delivery from a single location..

In sales order also we have option to select for complete delivery. then all items will get mostly same date as delivery date..

Thanks,

Bala..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

If I have 10 line items in a order with ECC ATP check products & APO ATP check products.

From 10, I want to group 2 ECC ATP & 2 APO ATP, using delivery group is the right way but my concern here is, how would ECC re-scheduling & APO BOP would react to it?

Thanks,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

I am not aware of it..

Upto my knowledge if material is not APO relevant then there might be any issue. If Material is APO relevant then your delivery group concept work...

You can give a trail with ECC BOP T.code: V_RA and APO BOP T.code: /SAPAPO/BOP.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nihar,

As suggested by Parth Soneji have you verified your calendar settings and why 7 hrs lag in 2 time stream ids.

Earlier I missed his resonce.. Only due to your calendar settings you got different dates in ECC ATP check and gATP check.

Thanks,

Bala...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please see my response to Parth Soneji.

Thanks,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Babu & Bala,

I had to take a pen and paper to work on the scheduling and analyzed the algorithm system is performing.

When GR hours are maintained for a customer from 8 to 12 & 1 to 6, which is in UTC+6 time zone & location is in CET time zone with RDD as today where 2 products are triggered for ATP (one from ECC & another from APO).

1. For ECC product, material availability date is today which is correct as expected

2. For APO product, material availability date is next day.

Reason:

1. System performs a forward scheduling by default but the delivery date time is beyond the GR hours on that particular day (Eg: after 6 in UTC+6 time zone). Now, system does a backward scheduling by pushing delivery date to the next day by considering opening time of the GR hour and calculates the material availability date which falls next day to the current day.

Please see the below example, I hope I was clear

Eg:

Pick : 1 day & Tran: 6 days; May 1st & Weekends are holidays.

GR: 8:0012:0013:00

18:00

UTC dayUTC timeCET dayCET timeUTC+6 dayUTC+6 time
RDD30/0417:2430/047:2430/0423:24
MAD30/0417:2430/047:2430/0423:24
Lod/GI02/0517:2402/057:2402/0523:24
Del12/0517:2412/057:2412/0523:24
Del13/051:0013/053:0013/058:00
Load/GI05/051:0005/053:0005/058:00
MAD02/051:0002/053:0002/05

8:00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

Because of Customer GR hours APO considered 13/05 as delivery date..

Thank you for detailed explanation..

Bala..

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar

Though the logic you mentioned makes sense. I am confused here with the data you have provided:

UTC dayUTC timeCET dayCET timeUTC+6 dayUTC+6 time
RDD30/0417:2430/047:2430/0423:24
MAD30/0417:2430/047:2430/0423:24
Lod/GI02/0517:2402/057:2402/0523:24
Del12/0517:2412/057:2412/0523:24
Del13/051:0013/053:0013/058:00
Load/GI05/051:0005/053:0005/058:00
MAD02/051:0002/053:0002/05

8:00

In the first row, the difference in RDD in UTC and UTC+6 is 6 hours. However, in the last three rows I can see the difference between UTC time and UTC+6 time is 7 hours. Would you know the reason to this? Also, in the first four rows, CET time = 7:24 which should had been 19:24. Please correct me if I am missing something here.

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

I seem to have found the answer to my questions and probably yours too. There is an issue in scheduling with APO when the time zone is different for Customer and Plants in several cases. Here is the detailed explanation of this:

The scenario in this post which is of relevance to us in this case is B.1 (2).

So according to this logic below is how the scheduling happens:

APO scheduling

Plant

Customer

UTC

UTC + 2

UTC + 6

Here, the determined RDD in local time zone is 05/12/2014 23:24. However, the Unloading calendar finds that it is not a valid date. So it reschedules it to the next possible and feasible date which is 05/13/2014 08:00.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Soneji,

Yes, SAP standard program is considering UTC+1 in backward scheduling where as in forward scheduling it is considering the day light saving time.I want to raise a OSS note on this.

About the scenario which you have posted, I followed it. But my question is to have the same material availability date for ECC & APO products.

Did you experienced this kind of issue and can you please test the same.

The possible options what I see are:

1. Using delivery groups - about this option, I am not sure how would it react with re-scheduling running in ECC & BOP running in APO.

2. Using complete delivery option - this may not fulfill, if we have to combine only few items in the order.

Can you please throw some guidance on this.

Thanks,

Nihar

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nihar,

Well if you are doing scheduling in APO for some products, this is bound to happen as this is a bug in standard SAP. You need to follow the instructions given in the post I mentioned to resolve this issue and you will have consistent dates. In that case, you will have same dates for APO-relevant products and non-APO products (Scheduling in ECC).

I am not sure of the options you have mentioned and I do not think that should be the approach to resolve this.

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soneji,

I have followed the options mentioned in the earlier post.

Two options were mentioned

Option 1: Maintain GR hours in customer master unloading point calendar - which we are already doing & still the problem persists.

Option 2: Set time = 12:00 against the customer requested date/time in FM - SD- DELIVERY_DATE_CHECK - I need to check this option in sandbox but there is an issue with few of customers, who are open only 1 day or two days a week eg: Like only Tuesday or Wednesday or Monday & Thursday.

With Option 2, I shouldn't use GR hours in the customer master unloading point calendar?

Thanks,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

Does scheduling happens in ECC or from APO. If from APO check condition records in condition maintenance /SAPAPO/SCH_GCM.

If you maintain transit time and Pick pack times then system considers these dates based on condition records.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

Thanks for you response.

Scheduling is happening in APO & I am maintaining condition records to calculate PICK & TRAN times.

My question is regarding the material availability date in forward scheduling. Can you please take a look at the example and let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks,

Nihar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

Can you please check in your order what is the order time and what Shipping conditions, order type and check in APO if there are any Check your system settings like when Mat Avialbility Date is today and Picking is 0 Hrs and Transit is 1 day and time of order creation.

It is some times possible that in Calendars for time strams we have time buckets 24 hrs then delivery date can fall into next day.. Then try to change Calculation rule from and To times 00:00:00 23:59:00

Please grey out the confidential information and share the screen shots. So that we can identify clearly and can suggest if there is anything missing and our experts can also throw some focus on it..

Thanks,

Bala.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nihar,

Is there any shift in the ATP bucket that has been maintained for the ATP group/Business event which is pushing the material availability date which is causing this to happen ?

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

ATP bucket settings:

IssueLimit : 00:00:00

ShiftRcpt: 24:00:00

Local Time: Selected

No. of buckets/day: 1

Distr. Key: selected

Bucket TS: No Restriction

global settings:

Accept time: Not selected

Pegg. Info: Not selected

Life time  Qunt. Assign: 1

Bucket logic in ATP : Conservative

I cannot upload a screen shot of the document due to security reasons. Please guide me what I am missing here. Material availability date is calculated based on unloading point GR hours from customer master in forward scheduling?

Thanks,

Nihar