cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Availability Planning in SAP PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on scheduling of the channel using availablity planning present in Configuration and Monitoring Home.

But I am getting lots of issues while doing the same:

1) Once availbility plan for one channel is created. Its not giving option to edit.

2) There is nothing showing up in the availabilty times tab.

3) There is nothing showing up in Schedule tab.

I have to provide availabilty for every Wednesday, Thursday and friday 5-7 PM, which pattern I should select and what all are steps.

Also, if we have to schedule same channel morning 1 hr and evening 1 hr. How should we do that? Should we create two schedules with different time for same channel?

Thanks,

Vertika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

1) To edit the channel after availability plan is created, refer the below link.

For the 2nd and 3rd issue, its because you might have not selected any check box in the day options while creating the availability schedule.

To provide availability for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 5-7pm one channel is sufficient.

To make the channel available for morning 1 hour and evening 1 hour you need to create 2 channels.

If you want the Wednesday Thursday and Friday availability also in the same channel means you need to create one more channel.

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

1) Once availbility plan for one channel is created. Its not giving option to edit.

Have you tried the way pointed in SAP.HELP documentation? https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/ad6cfeb5492a86e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Change Availability Times

The following are typical cases where you would like to change a scheduled availability time:

● You want to change the availability times and would like this change to be applied to all affected communication channels.

● You want to extend or restrict the affected communication channels for a defined availability time.

● You want to change the availability times and the affected communication channels.

Proceed as follows:

1. In the availability time planning, select an availability time that is already scheduled.

2. Change the scheduled availability time by removing individual deadlines from the list displayed.

You cannot change the frequency of the scheduled availability time.

3. Select the Communication Channels tab page and, if required, change the communication channels selected by a filter or by an explicit list.

4. If you want to view when the selected availability time was last changed, and by whom, select the Log tab page.

2) There is nothing showing up in the availabilty times tab.

3) There is nothing showing up in Schedule tab.

Have you tried to push the button schedule?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already tried changing the time by selecting the communication channel but its not providing any option to change.

Can you please explain what does "individual deadlines from the list displayed." exactly means?

Also where does the schedule push button exists? I can only see schedule tab.

Thanks,

Vertika