cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set only one field for incompletion error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to set one field within an incompletion procedure to an error, meaning the document cannot be saved if it is blank. There are other fields in the same procedure that I would like to remain as warnings only. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Joe M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please ask your ABAPER to validate this field in MV45AFZZ USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP. If value is not found then throw some error message.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which field you were talking about?  Please spell out your requirement clearly so that everybody will understand your requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an item category incompletion procedure. The field I would like to set to an error is VBAP-MTVFP. Currently the procedure is set as a warning. The question is simply if it is possible to have one field in an incompletion procedure be an error and the others in the same procedure have a warning.

Thank you,

Joe M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

In case you want the above, you can get an entry made into the incompletion log field during document save.

This will be done by using ABAP coding in MV45AFZZ-> Save document Prepare. The code can check for the value and if not found, pass the field to the incompletion log.

-cheers,

Sachin

0 Kudos

It is possible when you define incompleteness procedure at sales order - item level (OVA2 transaction).  If you tick warning box, it will throw warning.  If you do not tick, then it becomes error.  As you can see it is customizable at VBAP field level.

I did not test it.  Please test and let us know the result.