cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMR level change at UD vs lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone in simple English give me the business reason to have Q level change at lot creation level and at UD level. In what cases would one use either of them ? I have read the help and know how to configure in the system but need the business reason to chose one or the other. Please dont send me the link to help or to past posts which speak about how to create DMR rules in the system.

Thanks

GS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No matter which one you pick, you can have issues.  It's picking the lessor of two evils.

The issue comes in when you have the potential of having more than one inspection lot active at a time that uses quality levels and dynamic modifications.

For "at lot creation" when you create a lot the quality level is checked and modified according to the established rules to the next "postition" or stage if you want.  It ASSUMES the lot just created will pass.  In this case if the lot fails, you have to manually fix the quality level after a fail.  If another lot comes in before you maually fix it, it could be skipped or reduced testing.

For "at UD" the quality level is updated when UD is made.  In this case when a lot is created before the UD is made on a previous lot, the quality level is still at the same level as the previous lot.  As a result the new lot will be created at a level which maybe it shouldn't be.  Which could be wrong if the UD fails or passes on the previous lot.  In this case, the failure at UD on the first lot will reset the quality level and the next lot created should be at the right level, but the inbetween lot might not have been.

Follow that?

Craig

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos
For simple business scenario

I am procuring one of Raw material new  vendor   but vendor is cerified like ISO 9001 and 1400 & 1900. So i dont know how he will maintain  quality for confirmation i will check 2 or 3 Goods receipt inspection lots once GR lots has been accepted i believe that Material is mainted perticular vendor very good so i will predict he will send good quality.

Again after 3 months or 6 months i need to check becuase same quality material vendor is seding or not so that i will change the Q Level change 90 days or 180 days.