cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT: Relational Database Drivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I try to create a new relational database connection in information-design-tool, the list of available drivers is completely empty. This is the case for local projects and for connections in the repository as well.

I made sure that all relational database drivers were installed by opening the client and server-installation in the control panel in windows. After chosing "change installation", etc. all availabe database drivers are checked.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are not able to find the drivers, try to configuring JDBC driver and creating connection using the below links and check.

http://scn.sap.com/community/sqlserver/blog/2013/01/19/how-to-access-an-external-microsoft-sql-serve...

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49847

Former Member
0 Kudos

But it's not just about the JDBC drivers, I don't see any entries at all:

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

• Check whether do you have access to create connections or not. If you have access then

• Check with your other team members also not able to find the drives....if they are also not able then

• Check with Basis team,...why you are not able to see any drivers.
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

where can I check if I have access to create connections? I have BO Admin rights.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

If you have admin rights...check whether able to see the drives and create connection while log in to admin ID and PW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't see them logged in as Admin.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

By default some installation will come and able to see like Microsoft, Generic etc.....if you are not able to see any drives you need to need to install clients to your system...and then check whether able to see or not