Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Design Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have few questions on configuring standard MDG

1. Should I copy the standard data model to a zmodel and then start the configurations.In that scenario should I also copy the standard UI's to a Z UI component.What are the steps involved , any blogs or guides on this.

2. When we implement vendors and customers in MDG , is it possible to do without the creation of Business Partner BP.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

1. You don't need to copy the standard data model. extend the data model.

For the UI, you can deep copy and do you your customization.

For more details you can refer below std sap guide.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20a001a9-357b-2f10-4794-cdfaed392...

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen , how about implementing vendors and customers without the creation of Business Partners, is it possible to create vendors or customers without the creation of BP's.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never done it. From my undestanding, we can create vendors and customers without BP and can link BP to customer/vendor later if required. this link can be done only for a single records mantainence.

For more details -

You look in this link -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d2/6f6e81415e11d182b10000e829fbfe/content.htm

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want the creation of Business Partner while creating customers and vendors. The one I have configured is creating BP with every creation of Customers or Vendors.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what am I missing?  When i deep copy existing UI configuration to custom UI and then hide couple of fields and added couple of fields.  After that I  went to MDGIMG > General Settings>Process Modeling> Business Activities> Link Log Action with UI application and Bus. Activity.Custom Definition and then updated Link Logical Actions with Business Activity: Custom Definition.  When I went to test my UI some reason I can't see my changes.

Any help you can provide would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

Can you check whether your UI is loading by right clicking ->technical help.

Also try to remove the personalization for that page by 'reset to default'

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the relationship between the UI question and the original post about the BP? You should post separate issues in different threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

That didn't work.

Thanks,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business partner concept introduces many challenges in MDG as well as introducing many desirable features. The concept of Business Partner is deeply ingrained in MDG for maintaining Customers & Vendors. My advise will be to invest the necessary time to learn and understand the BP concept instead of resisting it. SAP is working on enhancing the MDG solution around BP so you (or your client) will benefit from those future improvements.

So, if you want to use the standard delivered data models, you have to use BP. If not, you are better off implementing your own custom model instead of trying to twist and turn the standard model. Again, please think of the long-term benefits of adapting the standard solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdullah , yeah I have already configured Customers / Vendors with BP concept . Just wanted to know if there is any standard approach without the BP creation.