Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Time Workitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo together,

I have one questions.

How long must I keep the object "WORITEM" in a SAP-System? Is there any retention time from the law or any other time?

We have a lot of "completed" and "canceld" "WORKITEMS" and we want archive and delete the object "WORKITEM".

But we do not know how we must keep the object "WORKITEM" in the system.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sonja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonja,

The amount of time you keep workitems in your system depends on your legal/business needs.  For example, if you are audited and need to be able to show workflow approval steps, you need to either capture this information in a pdf and attach it to the relevant transaction, or keep the workitem information.  Once you archive workitems, it is not very easy to read the archived data and show workflow approval.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

How long must I keep the object "WORITEM" in a SAP-System? Is there any retention time from the law or any other time?

--> There is no retention rule as such for Workitem in SAP, you can archive the workitems from system using archiving object 'WORKITEM' and these workitems will get archived only if the status of the workitem is either completed or cancelled (logically deleted).

We have a lot of "completed" and "canceld" "WORKITEMS" and we want archive and delete the object "WORKITEM".

-->Use archiving object 'WORKITEM' to archive the same.

But we do not know how we must keep the object "WORKITEM" in the system.

--> you no need to.