cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MDM Java API and retrieving Text Block, PDF, Image data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out how to get a search query running and retrieve data from the search table. I've also got setSupportingResultDefinitions to be able to retrieve lookup table data for a search record where the lookup table is a qualified lookup, taxonomy, or hierarchy (basically non-large object data). Whenever I try to add a ResultDefinition for a Text Block lookup, the RetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand fails.

Does anyone know how in the new API to retrieve Text Block, PDF, and Image data through the new API for records I am searching on? I don't see any classes really dealing with these Large Object Types.

I've searched SDN and found code that would make the old API pull the data. Are these capabilities not in the new API SP04? Will they be in SP05? I have an emminent need to get the code written and am trying to follow SAP's recommendation to use the new API "where possible". Is this a "not possibile" scenario right now and when would it be possible?

Any insight will help my development direction over the next two weeks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know if these will be SP05 additions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see any class or interface for Image/PDF/Text Block retreival in the new API.

We are currently using the old api for image retrieval.

/people/walter.kahn/blog/2005/12/29/mdm-55-api-tips-and-tricks--image-retrieval

The above web log helps in caching the images.