cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File, multiple receivers, file name shrink between IE and AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expetrs,

I have a scenario, where there is a FTP sender adapter with adpater specific message attributes on for file name and folder. Then on Integration Engine, the message is sent to two receivers and the messages go back to Adapter engine. On receiver communicate via FTP including secure connection, one NFS... But what I see is that the file name is different for NFS and FTP receiver. NFS file name is shrinked, and FTP contains the source value...

The point is that when I'm checking message header on adapter engine for NFS receiver I see that the file name is shrinked from

DBDC-PROD_GMA_28042014060034679_AFB120.SNL18169D11398664841838226S

to

DBDC-PROD_GMA_28042014060034679_AFB120.SNL1816

For FTP it is ok.

On Integration engine both messages contains still correct file name, so I believe the file name is shrinked on AE...

Do you know why?

Best regards,

Milan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

The file name length depends of the Operating System, check which is the maximum length for your O.S

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

You mean the receiver business system OS? How does the adapter engine knows the receiver OS?...

I really see in AE in message header for two messages two different file names, even the source is just one message with one file name... I think this is really some kind of issue in PI.

Thanks for answer,

Milan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

I misunderstood your problem i thought  that you was checking in the endpoints and not in the adapter engine monitoring. If you are using dynamic configuration for the file name, have you tried to print a trace in message mapping in order to assure that the filename has all the characters in the message mapping level for the NFS case?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OMG,

clever guy!

Exactly.

Thanks.