cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-trigger 'Hit Enter Key' or 'Click Check'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

How to automatically trigger 'Enter' without hitting enter?

Here's my scenario:

I have multiple tabs each have editable ALV in it.

While navigating in between tabs, the changes that I made in the ALV doesn't get saved in the display IF I just input and move to the next tab.

It will just be saved if after inputting, I click any buttons in ALV (like check, insert, delete rows, etc ) or hit 'Enter' before moving to the next tab.

I am thinking, is it possible to code 'Hit Enter Key' or 'Click Check', so that the user need not perform those actions and at the same time the changes reflected will be saved?

If yes, how?

I was looking at this link:, but the methods are not yet available in our system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to be on Netweaver 7.3 Ehp1 to make use of the method mentioned in the above document. And by the way that method only triggers the onEnter event of input field after selecting the value help.

For your requirement since you are embedding ALV to update the context you need to press Enter. A work around could be to display a Popup when navigating to other tab.

In onSelect of Tab, write a code to display popup  to confirm say" Data will not be saved! Are you sure you want to navigate? " on action of ok on popup navigate to other tab, else stay on the same tab or update the ALV.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the wonderful info and input.

But don't you think it would be kinda annoying on a user's perspective if they will receive a pop-up every so often? Because I have many tabs and these tabs are under line items. So if I have 10 line items, and I have 4 sub tabs, then there's a probability that navigation in between these tabs is at least 30x.

Is there another action that you know of that doesn't require user's interaction. An action that will be shadily triggered just to make it look like that the changes were saved in the context right away?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have ALV in all the Tabs? Suppose if you have ALV in first tab and you are navigating away to 2nd tab, then you can check the condition, if the current tab is First tab( which has ALV) then show the popup else no.

Is there another action that you know of that doesn't require user's interaction. An action that will be shadily triggered just to make it look like that the changes were saved in the context right away?

Unfortunately No. there are no onblur/onKey events in WDA like in java script.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Unfortunately yes, all tabs has different ALVs.

Thanks you so much for your inputs, at least I'm assured that the solution I'm thinking is not possible.

Thanks.