Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection point 3

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

my requirement after 10 quantity we will do the inspection .

i have made the entry in Routing:

Insp. Points         150        Generated insp. point, quantity or time on hearder

Quantity Interval 10                EA    on operation details screen.

now my question 1.when i am making production order of 5 ea why system is making inspection lot?

2. when i am making production order of 40 ea system is not making four inspection lot?

Please do the needful.

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not able to follow your query properly. It seems that you need inspection lot for every 10th GR.

If that is the case, I think you need to look around DMR. You can skip all the unwanted inspection lots as per your process.

I don't think if inspection points can be useful here.

ntn

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

i am looking for in-process inspection inspection type 3.

in routing i have set all the required  parameters and i want if i am creating production order for 50 ea and in routing i have defined after 10 ea there is a inspection lot through inspection point.

Siva

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

When you are working with inspection points based on qty defined system does not create 5 inspection lots, instead it creates 5 inspection points for entering the results.

For Eg: You have maintained Qty interval as 10. If your order qty is 50, then system will generate 5 inspection points for entering the results. Check in QE51N.

Thansk & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

yes system will generate five inspection point .

but when i am checking in QE51N ,go to inspection lot number tab ,

put inspec lot number  and select default next inspection point tab and execute

after execution left hand side system shows the inspection lot

system ask for partial quantity number we put 10 and enter now we will be on RR tab here we will fill all the details and save again system will next inspection point ok

if i made production order for 40 and inspection quantity is 10 system should make 4 inspection point

but it is making continuously more than 4 inspection lot.

Please do the needful.

Siva

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

now i came to know by searching in sdn we do not select default next inspection type tab

but when i am executing system is giving error no entry found.

is some customization is missing.?

siva

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You need to click on Inspection date/partial lot no as generated by system based on lot size and ref qty maintained in routing. Do not click on Next Inspection. This will generate manually extra partial lot and inspection point if you still want to record results beyond system generated inspection points. Follow the below process.

1. Click on Inspection date/partial lot no
  2. Enter the Results and upon SAVE system will popup Yield Qty and SAVE.
  3. Like wise results to be entered for the inspection points except Next Inspection.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramagiri,

please look into my requirement

in routing i have set quantity interval 10 ea ,now i made a production order of 40 ea ,

ideally 4 inspection point should be come in QE51N .but see the attachment  no entries found.

my doubt is whether i have to choose default inspection point or not.

Siva

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Better don't select the check box "Default Next Inspection Point" on QE51N screen. If you Select that check box and execute then along with Inspection Points determined based on Qty Ref and Lot size one more Next Inspection point will be displayed. If you don't select, then only the system generated inspection points will be displayed. Hope it is clear.

Refer the below document for mapping the process.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramgiri,

i am not selecting default inspection point aend execute system is giving message:

NO entries found.

Siva

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Have you maintained Inspecton Point as 150 in Routing Header data? Please check the document i posted in my previous reply. It will guide you the steps.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramgiri,

i have made setting as per document but no entries are in QE51N .

Siva

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Make Maximum number of Hits as Blank in QE51N screen and check.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramgiri,

My problem is resolved.

Siva

Answers (0)