cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman7.1_SLD_Config_Ecc6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is it necessory that we need a diagonostic agent installed in ecc landscape for solman config incluing sld, ewa, mopz, charm etc... Will be rewarded for correct answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think diagnostic agent installation will required downtime , we can install online only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mr. Veeramalla,

I would indeed appreciate it if somebody acn share me Diagonistic agent installtion procedure in oracle 11g +hpux flavour.

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can check @

service.sap.com/sltoolset

Software Logistictool set -> go down for the documentation ->software provisoining ->Installation: Diagnostics Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should install the Diagnostic Agent on the ERP system so that it can be monitored centrally in SolMan.  If you have a distributed system, the an agent should also be installed on the DB server against the relevant db instance.  If you have multiple db instances, then you will need an agent per db instance.  SolMan diagnostics, Managed System Configuration will then need to be performed per SAP system which is connected to solman.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Mr. Grham,

Let me put forward my doubt here. Why cant we use the old ccms insted of diagonistic agents since my landscape will not allow any downtime. they were using solman 7.1 without diagonistic agents installed in any machines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjesh,

Installing the agents will not require any downtime.  You can use CCMS agents as before, but they will not report through to SolMan.

Regards,

Graham