Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove cost ditribution "by value" in shopping carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we are on SRM 7.02 classic scenario.

Is it possible in account assignment tab of shopping carts to remove the option cost distribution "by value"?

The problem is that in the backend SAP ECC the PREQ does only know cost ditribution by quantity or by percentage, i.e. during transfer of the shopping cart its "by value" distribution is recacluated to "percentage". This leads to rounding errors every now and then.

e.g. User creates a shopping cart with quantity 3 PCE each 200 EUR. Cost is distributet for three different cost centers by value.

In the backend the related PREQ is created with precentage distribution.

(Note the fractional distribution.)

Now, this may not be that big problem for cost centers. But when it comes to PM work orders that may exceed their budgets. Therefore we are thinking about removing the option "by value".

(In the example above I would ask the user to change the distribution from "by value" to "by quantity". But as soon as he requests only 1 unit of 600 EUR he is tempted again to distribute by value.)

Any ideas?

best regards

José

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello José,

it is not possible to use metadata to restrict cost distribution indicator: you can only hide the drop-down box linked to action type "COST_DISTRIBUTION".

Nevertheless, if you do so, you will not be able to switch between "Quantity" and "Percentage".

If you want to be able to choose between both, check action "ON_DISTRIBUTE" from V_DO_ACCOUNTING view (/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DO_ACC Web Dynpro Component) to understand from where come cost distribution indicators "Quantity", "Percentage" and "Value" in order to delete "Value".

Maybe, you could do this with enhancement in PROCESS_BLANK_LINES method from /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_DO_MAPPER class.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that the values are from domain /sapsrm/bbp_acc_dist_ind. Its value range has three fixed values P, Q and V.

I don't know at which point the dropdown box is initalized during runtime.Is it even possible to remove a fixed value of a domain during runtime? I don't think so.

Another approach would be an error message saying "cost distribution by value not allowed". But that solution would be suboptimal.

regards

José

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello José,

so, it seems the drop-down box is not populated dynamically as data come from data element...

Try with WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW BAdI definition (WD_BADI enhancement spot) using CL_WD_DROPDOWN_BY_KEY class to inactivate "Value".

Regards.

Laurent.