cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5 chart and grid loading time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I m working on UI5 chart and grid in SAP MII 14.0.

When i load my pages,it takes lot of time on intial load.

Is their something which i missing in my code or any property i need to set?

Thanks in advance.

Please guide.

Regards,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

You need to look into the method you use for getting the data on. In the sense, are you using a simple QT/DT thing or a transaction/bls call?

If you use a transaction with lots of logic in it, it usually takes good time. You might want to replace your logic with an optimized one, for instance replace repeater with xpaths or use xslts.

Hope this helps. Do let us know the way you look towards your data.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Thank you for reply.

I m using transaction call which is taking 4-5 seconds.

So feel no issues with logic.

Regards,

Neha

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

neha jadhav Aluminum

Currently Being Moderated

Hi Ria,

Thank you for quick reply.

If i load my page intially,it is taking 1.20 mins and reloading of Ui5 grid and chart it is taking hardly 10 sec.

If i test chart/grid seperatly in page,it is taking 55-57 sec to load intially.

Regards,

Neha

Hi Neha,

As per above response, I dont see any chances where your transaction runs in 5-6 secs but the chart loads in 55secs. Quite strange, how are you rendering things on page, are you using an applet?

Usually time a applet takes is directly proportional to the time require for background logic, and the factor is mostly 1. So the moment your back logic executes, your chart loads.

Please give some insight on the logic you use while rendering the chart, so that it becomes easier to guage the case.

Thanks again!!

Nice time,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Transaction logic like data coming from data source m converting dynamically to json object and giving this data to UI5 grid/chart.

But i observed one thing:

If i test loading time on local MII server then it loads in 5-6 sec,but if i check same thing on client side MII then it takes 15-20 sec.

But not able to understand why it takes different time?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neha

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

When you check from MII, are you opening some report or just testing it from page generator or test facility?

For the former case, it's creating json object for both MII server and the remote one. Here, a little skeptical why it takes so much for remote.

For later, the answer is simple, it does not create json object while testing it on MII server and hence the difference in time.

P.S. I haven't woked much upon json. Sorry!!

Thanks,

Swaroop

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

On first load it would take more time for sure, but once the js files get cached, subsequent requests would be faster.

Can you please share the time it is taking on first load in case of UI5 chart and grid, also is it a local instance that your are running?I however don't think it to be your code issue.

One more thing that you can try is may be compare the time the chart/grid takes to load when run (stand-alone) using the "Test" button.

Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Thank you for quick reply.

If i load my page intially,it is taking 1.20 mins and reloading of Ui5 grid and chart it is taking hardly 10 sec.

If i test chart/grid seperatly in page,it is taking 55-57 sec to load intially.

Regards,

Neha

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oh ok.. yes, this is a long time indeed. How many records does your Query Template return and does it have DateTime type field?

Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Query is fetching only 10-20 records and no date time column.

Regards,

Neha