Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS DMIS Plant Code Shell Data Transfer

papagari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there.....

1. TDMS: How to <u><b>Unlock users</b></u> if I Abandoned the Package after the Activity Lock the Users in the Client (Is DDIC/SAP* is the only way?)

2. TDMS: What are the activities that take<u><b> too long to finish</b></u>

3. TDMS: What is the Best Approach <b>1. Proceed with the Phase</b>:Activity, if problem comes then look for the SAP Notes, or 2. Look for Notes, Apply them then Execute Activity

4. TDMS: I want to Choose Only <u><b><u>One company code Data</u></b></u>, Can I do it? If I can then I want to choose only <u><b>3 plants (Within the same Company Code</b></u>) Data among many, Can I?

5. TDMS: Which is the Best Approach to get a Quality Transactional Data (but Limited)?

6. TDMS: I am confused about <b>Shell such</b> as Creating and Maintaining it

7. TDMS: Any Tips on TableSpaces Sizes (we ran out of space couple of times for PSAPSID Tablespace)?

8. Any tips on Selection Groups? that I can manually change them ?

9. What are the <u><b>Crucial Steps/options for Optimizing the Data Transfer</b></u>..... Options such as Table Selections, TableSpace, CPU time, BackGround jobs, Other

Users In Spender System Prioritization?

10. Right now I am at Activity Calculate Access Plan in the Phase System Analysis, Do I have any Caution/Suggestions for further Activities (before I start them)

11. <u><b>DEBUGGING:</b></u> Most Importantly If an Activity is not running/stopped/abandoned what are the usual Debugging Techniques/T-Codes such as SM21, DB02, ST03 ... and Reports[

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantha,

Sorry for the late reply. PFB the answers:-

1) There is a activity wihin TDMS to unlock the users

2) It depends upon the amount of data that has to be transferred. Usually the data selection and data transfer processes take a long time.

3)I suggest you to go for the second approach

4) Currently that option is not available. In TDMS 2006 you can choose active company codes but not plants within the same

5) The TDTIM package would be best suited for you. This comes as a standard package within TDMS

6) The shell creation part is still in the pilot phase. One of the pre-requisites for TDMS was that the system copy of the sender should have been done. However this can be avoided with shell creation

7) Please let us know when you faced this error. Was this with the cluster in sender/receiver system or was it during data transfer.

😎 Yes, there is an activity with TDMS called "Assign Selection Groups" which can be used to specify your own selection groups for most of the tables.

9) Please go through the note 890797 for recommeded sytem settings.

10) Actually this step is an optional step. This gives you a idea of how much data will be transferred to the receiver system. You can go ahead with these activities, there should be no problem

Please raise an OSS message in case you face any problems

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

papagari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

papagari
Explorer
0 Kudos

T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) Have all the system settings based on note 890797 been made? It also depends on the amount of data to be transferred. What is the DB size of sender system?

2) There could be some problems with the job scheduling. I am not sure of the exact cause for this.

3) Ya you do incremental refreshes by choosing a new date everytime

4) When you try to execute a activity in a phase and that for that activity to execute there are some predecessor activities, then you cant start such an activity. This will will usually told when to try to execute an activity. You can start all independent activities in a phase parallely provided you have enough jobs in the concerned systems

5) Please refer to note number 930723 for the same

Regards

Raghuram

papagari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, here is the information, would you please guide me which one is impacting my performance

<b>1. Perfomance: </b>Here is the Scenario:

a) My Sender is about 1.5 TB, the Estimated Data Transfer is about 250GB<b></b>

b) We did Changes (note 890797) Oracle: NOARCHIEVE in Receving.System only. And ,I think, all other parameters are of note 890797 are approximately set.

e) We have not opened any client for change (SCC4)-(Note 890797)

e) The Activity on Receiver (not in Rec.Client, other clients) and Sender system by other users in exists

<b>================================================</b>

<b>2. </b> We have left with some "structure difference", How do I do a "DDIC comparison for conversion object A_YSCT_WERKS_001"

<b>==================================================</b>

<b>3. </b>How do I Delete a table <b> Within <b>TDMS (note with SE14) </b></b>, to save any disc space (after carefull Aalysis?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) One of the reasons could be that processes are waiting in a deadlock state and waiting to get hold of semaphores for data transfer which might cause delays in the data transfer. We have made some changes in SP6 to handle this problem

2) Please refer to note 931288 on how to redo the DDIC comparison. This note explains in detail on how to correct the errors and regenerate conversion objects for those tables with problem and do a re-transfer for these objects.

3) As you might be aware there is an activity within TDMS to delete the data in receiver system "Start Deletion of Data in Receiver System" . Apart from this there in no other way within TDMS to delete table using TDMS.

Raghuram

papagari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram

Thanks you for the Reply, most of the stuff is helpful.

I am running TDTIM Package for Identical Rec. & Sender Clients, I am at the Data Transfer Phase.

I've got these following Errors.

1. x Dictionary and conversion object differ (destination MBT_Z_ABCD_SID_CLNTCOPY_SND)

NOTE: As per SAP Note, 888516 (To run DDIC Comparison), If I go back & run Activity "Define Mass Transfer ID", Do I have to ONCE again repeat all Activities OR SKIP Directly to Data Transfer Phase

2. Z_X_JEST_REST_002: Run 0000000059 terminated due to SYSTEM FAILURE on 20070328 at 215500

Z_X_JEST_REST_002: Time limit exceeded. @35\QLong text exists@

Any help here? It says (The help say, its an RFC Timeout error, how do I debug and Fix for TDMS)

3. Z_GBC1_002: Run 0000000001 terminated due to DUPLICATE KEY on 20070330 at 044009 (Please Note: I've applied the note 1018440 )/

We have applied the note 1018440, but we still have 2 errors. Any help...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantha,

1) Please go through the note 931288 to solve the problem

2) Please open a CSS message, we need to do a detailed analysis of the problem.

3) Please go through note number 930723 to solve the problem

papagari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram, thanks for earlier replies, to keep all questions in the same thread, I am replying to this same thread. Thanks for your help in Advance.

1. Performance: As the TDMS Manuals suggests the Data Transfer (or Client Copy) will be done much and much quicker, but its taking too much time. For us its proven wrong, it’s taking 5 to 7 days.

Do you have any suggestions/tips based on your (user) experience? I don’t think the TDMS is very well built; still it has lot of flaws.

2. We had lots of jobs either in Scheduled/Released State but never been Released/Activated. Would you please give us some info. About why its happening?

3. Can we do the incrementally go for refreshing Packages (By Small Intervals, TDTIM)? Note: I’ve created a TDTIM package on march 23rd with FROM DATE Jan’1st,2005 now is it enough to choose the FROM DATE March 23rd for Refresh Package?

4. How do I choose between executing a multitude of related steps collectively or individually? Mentioned at Page-8-bottom on TDMS Master Guide.

5. If I have some Duplicate Records Error thrown at me... how do I change the Write_Behavior of the Programs?

papagari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much