Remove roadmap from WebDynpro iView

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

EP7

ESS/MSS 600

ECC 6

Hi folks,

I am working on the ESS family/related iView which has a requirement to be read-only. Following the SDNDay pdf guide I've made my own OverviewHelper class and pulled buttons off the iView and made other modifications so that the iView is informational display only (no edit functionality). Now the users have requested that the roadmap be removed from the iView since there is no point, there are no additional steps.

Does anyone know how I can remove the roadmap?

Thanks,

Larry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

The answer to this question is to bring up the iView in preview mode through the Content Administrator ... from there Context click on the roadmap and set the visibility to false.

Many WebDynpro UI properties can be controlled like this. It sure is funny that through the WebDynpro courses, forum posts, and month and months of working with WebDynpro we had not heard of this functionality. We finally got a not back from SAP that said to try that. One would imagine they would make this information a little more accessible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

The roadmap is part of the FPM framework that is used in certain ESS applications via DC sap.com/ess~per.

You will need to perform changes in CcHelper.java:

//roadmap

ROPStep ropStep1 = new ROPStep(overviewPerspective.getName(), this.wdController.getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("OverviewROP"), null);

ROPStep ropStep2 = new ROPStep(detailPerspective.getName(), this.wdController.getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("DetailROP"), null);

ROPStep ropStep3 = new ROPStep(reviewPerspective.getName(), this.wdController.getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("ReviewROP"), null);

ROPStep ropStep4 = new ROPStep(confirmationPerspective.getName(), this.wdController.getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("ConfirmationROP"), null);

ropSteps = new ROPStep[] { ropStep1, ropStep2, ropStep3, ropStep4 };

You can either comment out the code in the java class and/or you can perform changes in the getROPState method of CcHelper.java.

In certain ESS applications you can find the code for the roadmap in the interface controller of the configuration controller component becaus DC sap.com/ess~per is not used!

Please Reward points if it helps you.

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatly that would remove the roadmap for all WebDynpro applications that are utilizing ess~per. I need to remove the roadmap only for the family app. Any thoughts?

thx

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

I am not sure whether as myself has never tried it but how about changing the visibility property of the roadmap UI from the family application. This can be a solution to your problem check if it is possible as I dont know much about ESS package.

Do reward points if the idea works.

Regards

Sid

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

I've been down that road however I'm not sure where I should add that code and also I don't know how to access that element. Do you know how and where i would access the RoadMap?

When I put a breakpoint in CcHelper in order to walkthrough the application never actually stops in the CcHelper.

Larry

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

I dont know anything about ESS package so it is just a guess from what I learn from the kunal's post.

If the roadmap is in the FPM as mentioned by kunal which is being used by your application through a DC mentioned in above posts; than can't you bind the visibility property of the roadmap to a context attribute which is mapped into your family app interface controller context and set it to flase from your this app.

This is just I think not sure whether it is possible or not. Do let me know if my guess is right or wrong.

Regards

Sid