cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No auth to save event message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have assigned the standard role /saptrx/sap_em_user to my user in EM. When posting the event message , I am getting the error "No authority for Sender to Save Event Message".  I have an understanding that the SAP standard user can post the event messages for an event handler. Please let me know the reason for error.

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

check transaction /n/saptrx/tsc0authsnd:

Best regards,

Steffen

Define Event Message Senders

Use

In this Customizing activity you define the senders who are authorized to send event messages to SAP Event Management.

This table is not user-dependent.

Activities

Specify the sender code set and the sender code ID (for example, US for user as the code set and TEST_SMITH as the code ID):

Sender TransactionCode SetCode ID
Web Interface (Classic)WCLUser Name
OthersAnyAny
(for example, Web Dynpro ABAP, BAPI, IDoc)

The system checks the authorization to send an event message in the following order:

1. It checks in this table if a sender is authorized to send an event message to SAP Event Management.
    • If it finds an appropriate entry, it forwards the event message to SAP Event Management and assigns it to the corresponding event handler.
    • If it does not find an appropriate entry, it continues to check the authorization for the user who is logged on.
    2. It checks if the authorization to send an event message to SAP Event Management has been set up in the user master belonging to the user who is currently logged on.
    • If the authorization check is successful, it forwards the event message to SAP Event Management and assigns it to the corresponding event handler.
    • If the authorization check is not successful, it sends the event message and an appropriate error message back to the sender.
      For more information on creating and maintaining authorizations, see the

SAP Library

under

SAP Web Application Server -> mySAP Technology Components -> SAP Web Application Server -> Security (BC-SEC) -> Users and Roles (BC-SEC-USR)

We recommend that you use one of the following methods to define authorized event message senders:

• Define all the users who are authorized to send an event message in this Customizing activity but do not assign them an authorization to send event messages in the user master.
  • Define all the users who are authorized to send an event message in this Customizing activity, with the exception of those whom you have already authorized in the user master.
    This option is useful if you want to authorize only certain users to manually create event messages using the Web interface, and you also want to restrict external senders who are simultaneously using automatic background programs to report events.
    The table for setting up authorizations is user-dependent.
      If you are using the Web interface (Web Dynpro ABAP), you can achieve this by implementing the Business Add-In (BAdI) method BEFORE_PROCESSING of BAdI /SAPTRX/BADI_MESSAGE (

BAdI: Changing Event Messages

). In this method you can set the sender code set, for example, to

WebDynpro

and the sender code ID, for example, to the user name for an event message. Prerequisite for this is that the event message is sent from the Web interface, that is, the event message header attribute MSGSRCTYP is equal to

E

. Furthermore, you have to maintain the following entry:

Sender TransactionCode SetCode ID
Web DynproWebDynpro<user name>
      If you are using the Web interface (classic), the sender code set

WCL

• and the sender code ID <user name> are filled by default when event messages are sent form the Web interface (classic). Therefore you do not have to implement the BAdI method in this case.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steffen,

Thanks for your reply , but i have not got the use of maintaining this customizing for sender code set and sender code id since I have the authorization already provided via standard role based access.

Besides even if i have maintained the value still i am getting the same error message.

I have maintained * values for both the sender code set and and sender code set.

Request you to please elaborate on the functionality.

Thanks,

Shubh.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

in this case it should work.

It first checks the special sender logic and then the auth. profile:

SE38 -> Include /SAPTRX/LEH_BAPISF37

Could you debug which check fails here?

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steffen,

X_EM_EVM with value 32 is not maintained for the user and hence the error message. But as i mentioned that this user has the role which is the copy of /saptrx/sap_em_user role and authorization object is maintained via standard role based access then first the sender logic will be checked and it will be by passed to check for role based access, since in my tracking header structure the sender code and sender id is coming as blank. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Shubh.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just checked /saptrx/sap_em_user has only EH authorizations. Normally a user is only sending Event Messages via Web UI and this is handled via Sender Code and the customizing mentioned above. (UI has a fixed Sender Code as i remember)

Only /SAPTRX/SAP_EM_ADMIN includes it.

You need to enhance the the copied role with X_EM_EVM or enter the Sender Code in the customizing.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (0)