cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI 730 Resolution for Retina Mac Book Pro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using a Windows 8.1 Pro Bootcamp on my Retina Mac Book Pro. The 730 GUI doesn't scale properly as I have a screen with the resolution of 2880 x 1800 as seen in the image below.

I was using the 710 GUI prior to this and wasn't facing the issue. I have tried lowering the resolution but the issue doesn't get resolved.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem.

What did you do to solve it? If there's a solution yet.

Thank you!

Ricardo

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

New GUI 740 solved this problem.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

İ realised that problem occurs for new themes. For Corbu theme and SAP Signature theme's have problem. If you use other theme's works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me it still doesn't work with any theme. I am hoping that with SAPGUI 7.40 SAP will fix this and either cater for a high DPI screen or unset the flag that tells windows they do cater for it and let windows do the scaling.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is the beta program for 7.40 for SAPGUI for Windows running at the moment.

if you open a message,with the subject line 7.40 Beta Program request, we can forward your request on to development.

Jude

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jude,

I have tried to  open 'a product error' message with my own user for service.sap.com but i don't have authorization.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Emre,

You will need to check with your administrator to get the correct authorizations.

Jude

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

patch 10 is  solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emre,

I just tried patch 10 on my MBP... and I still have the scaling issue. I have to increase the font size but still the icons etc... are not scaled correctly. Did patch 10 really fix all your issues?

Thanks,
Simon

Emre_tr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Simon,

You're right. It isn't fixed, yesterday i installed and just tested it seemed ok,  but today my problem is still continues.

bonnie_mu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Firstly, please check note 66971, see if you used the correct GUI version and patch level.
Then, please refer note 26417, see the recommendable resoultion for GUI.

You mentioned when using GUI 7.10, there's no such issue, what's the theme did you used?
Also in Windows 8.1 Pro OS ?

Best Regards,
Bonnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'll read up on the notes that you have referred, as for the theme in the 7.10 GUI, I was using the normal/default theme on Windows 8.1 Pro OS itself. I am not using Mac OS X, but Windows on a partitioned drive.

Regards

Shashank

Edit: The theme would be 'SAP Signature Theme'.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank

What patchlevel of the 7.30 gui are you using?
Please try the latest hotfix 1 of patch 8.

If you drag the resize icon (Bottom right of the saplogon) does the screen display correctly?

Remember, the saplogon is designed for a minimal screensize of 800x600 which is still

used.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jude,

I'm using patch level 1 for the 7.30 GUI. Re-sizing the window does't resolve the issue.

Shashank

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For Windows 8.1, you need patch 7 or higher

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, I'll install patch 7 and get back with the results.

Shashank