Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material Determination - quantity check in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

Hope all is good.

I have a doubt in Material Determination.

If I need to substitute a product in Material Determination, how can I come to know whether the quantity of the replacement material that is replacing the substitute material is available or not.

I know while creating a delivery the system will show quantity not available.

However, how we can see the result while placing a order?

Because there can be a scenario the material which is replacing the different material, we might dont have their quantity also available. So, it will be a waste to create a order and then wait for the results in delivery.

Another situation.

In MD process, what my client is looking for is

Substitute Reason- Availability

If material X does not have quantity it should be replaced with Material Y.

However if Material X has quantity, then MD should not take place. No replacement should happen.

The reason is there is a huge in and out of stock every now and then.

Do both the scenarios can be worked out in standard SAP?

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Standard if you keep 01--daily requirements for your material--then system will always confirms the goods--(You can always see the confirmed Qty at sales order--item-Sch lines)

Please keep 02 or similar as your Avbl.Check  then try...

Here the issue is when X is ZERO then--only Substitution has to come into the picture--so cannot be possible in standard and we may need to try at Exit level....

Pl update..

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Appreciate your answer.

As you said that Try X with X first and then X with Y.

But if I dont have the quantity of X, even if I have tried X with X, I guess it will be the same result when I dont have the material.

Please correct me if I am wrong,

Regards

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will give complete info.

your requirement is ordered material X has to be replaced with Y-- only in case of non-availability of X.So we need to try at Exit level only, for this requirement...

For your understanding---

Let us take a sales order with qty 10 with X material

Case1: in MMR-Avbl check is 01--daily requirements

So system will confirm --but at the time of GI--throws error of shortage

Case-2: MMR--02 individual requirements

System throws an option of avbl.check at the time of sales order creation.

Try these and any more issues let me know..

Phanikumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can achive this by material substitution (customizing). Later, when you maintain records in VB11 use substitution reason 0004 or 0006. When you type in substitution materials for X, type first X itself and second Y... during order entry, system will look for substitutes to cover quantity requested (if posible) in the order you typed substitution materials .

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Thank you for the reply. I understood the subsitute reason.

But my question is We have substituted Y for X.

Now what I am asking is what if Y is also not available. Can in the order itself we can come to know whether quantity of Y is available or not instead of delivery.

Second if the subsitute reason is "quantity not available"- not in front of the system so not sure about the code. Same Y for X and now if quanity for X is available the material should not be susbtituted.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Shekhar,

if you use material substitution system won´t replace Y by X if no Y stock is available in the sales order.

As commented if there´s stock of X and you use material substitution for X with the following materials X itself and Y system will first check if X is subjected to material substitution, if so, will start to substitute X by X (first). In case there´s not enough stock system will look for available stock for second material  (Y) and so on...

Regards,

JM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 Can in the order itself we can come to know whether quantity of Y is available or not instead of delivery. 

Yes just check in schedule line tab so that you will come to know whether stock has confirmed or not.

G. Lakshmipathi