cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for Project defination and project profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to create validation for Project Definition and Project Profile.User requirement is when the project (Exp: Z/0120) is creating with project profile Exp: Z0001_Z system should allow , If user is trying to select other than this profile system has to give the error.

I tried below validation but it is not working:

Prerequisite - PROJ-PSPID = 'Z'

Check   -  PROJ-PROFL = Z0001_Z

Kindly any suggest how can i give the validation for the same.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Message was edited by: Mohamed Rafi - Many threads available on this topic search for those.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi you can create as below for how to prevent system project creation with wrong project profile.

prerequisite:

PRPS-PSPID = 'Z'

check:

PRPS-PROFL = 'Z0001_Z'

Message : PD can not be created, Please fill correct project profile.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try following

prerequisite:

PRPS-PSPID :1-1: = 'Z'

check : PRPS-PROFL = 'Z0001_L

Regards,

Sampath

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sampath,

for your information query not to be raised by me so reply only Lakshmi

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First clear some more your query: Do you want that if any Project definition is going to create then always project profile should be Z0001_Z? or Specific Project definition should be specific Project Profile?

Well here is a case, If your Project ID is always staring with Z and you want validation for Project Profile Z0001_Z then you can use below:

Project Def. :1-1: = 'Z'

Project Profile = 'Z0001_Z'

message: "Project Definition is not matching with Project Profile"

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,This validation is not working.

for specific Offshore projects only we created for this profile , all project profile is starting with Z0001 but prefix only will be changed.

For exp: Offshore projects Z0001_Z

LG projects Z0001_L

If has any Offshore project stating with Z system should allow only Z0001_Z and for LG projects starting with L system should allow only Z0001_L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes..Sorry for that..Validation is not working. I think you can't implement Project Profile validation on basis of Project Definition.

Reason: Validation rule is maintained on Project Profile. And if you select different Project Profile. Then the required validation rule will not pick up. So no validation check for Project Profile.

However, you can do the opposite : Validation on Project Definition start with Z on basis of Project Profile.

Preq:

Project Profile = 'Z0001_Z'

Check:

Project Def. :1-1: = 'Z'

message: "Project Definition is not matching with Project Profile"

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We did similar validation rule against the Project first two char and then project profile:

Prerequisite

( ( PROJ-PSPID :1-2: = 'KA' OR PROJ-PSPID :1-2: = 'KB'

) AND ( PROJ-PSPID IN PROJ_EXCLUDE ))

Check:

PROJ-PROFL = 'Y000002'

Error message: Wrong Profile selected on the Project Def

this has been working perfectly for a long time for us, and it should work for you too.

We have added a set id to include projects to be excluded with this validation rule, an escape clause - just in case.

Try again and see if it does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivastava,

Thanks for your reply.In this way also validation is not working.

I given my OPSA setting the validation name and activate the automatic validation check box.Any configuration has to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The validation rule for Project Definition on basis of Project Profile is correct as I had given in my last reply. I have checked in my system and its working correct. Whenever you create a Project, Start with Other than 'Z'  with Profile selected 'Z0001_Z' then system will throw error.

Please check again. Also check the rule name is same as assigned on Project Profile as per screen shot.

Regards

Shishir

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Lakshmi,

if your query geted resolve then please close the thread.

thanks

sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivastava,

Thanks for your reply.i am giving the same way but it is not working please send the screen shot which you tested and find my validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to save the project? Because validation rule will call at time of saving the Project.

I have created the same but for start with 'U'

When I create project and at time of saving, validation rule will call and system throw error if I don't create project start with 'U'.

Now If I am creating here, start with 'J'. System  is throwing error as per validation rule.

Also Pl check if you have assigned same correct rule on project profile.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivasatava,

Can u try project Def. starting with U and other than ZPS0007 project profile system is giving error?.My cenario like this but i am trying this way it is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivastava,

What you sent the screen shot special character is coming after three charactors,in rule we are giving 1-1 =U may be in this switcation it will work in project defination.

My project definition immediate first character(Z/0001)  ,special charactor (/) is coming,may be in this reason validation is not working in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your information, 1-1 means it will read the first character only of PSPID field value and check. Which is 'Z' as in your case. Doesn't matter of next spcl char here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am going to create PD start with 'U' with Project Profile other than ZPS0007 then validation will not work.

Because as I mentioned in my previous reply, your validation rule is maintained on Project Profile. So if you select different Project Profile then how that rule will pick.

Hope you understand..

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any one can suggestion about this requirement.

Thanks for your reply.

rajivsharma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check with following solution.

Prerequisite

PROJ-PROFL = 'Z0001_Z'

Check

PROJ-PSPID LIKE 'Z*'

Thanks

Rajiv Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be, you are using alphanumeric characters that's why it is not accepting. But I am not sure.

Try with Prerequisite as

PROJ-PSPID :03-06: = '0120'

Check as

PROJ-PROFL = 'Z0001_Z' or PROJ-PROFL :02-05: = '0001'

and also check in OPSK, have you checked the tick mark on Edit or not.?

Regards,

Amit