cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oData output inconsistent across browsers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I am going through the SAP Press OData and SAP Netweaver Gateway book and am trying out the examples in my AWS demo instance. The book uses service ZGWSAMPLE_SRV and says that the query "/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZGWSAMPLE_SRV/BusinessPartnerCollection?$filter=startswith(CompanyName, 'S')" will return a list of the companies.

However in IE and Firefox what I get back is a page saying that this is a feed and the output is limited to the BP ID only:

And in Chrome I get XML with far more data then I expect:

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Or is this the expected output and the book was just summarizing the output?

Thanks

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dave,

Add this string in the end of your URL.

"&sap-ds-debug=true"

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Thanks for the response. The sap-ds-debug parameter formats the response to make the href links clickable and gives a menu bar at the top of the page which gives extra info such as header and runtime info. It doesn't change the xml output to a table.

I think my hunch that the book is merely summarizing the output is correct. In a later page the book does show the output similar to my screenshot from Chrome. IE and Firefox seem to get confused by how to handle the initial tag of <feed>. If I compare the page source of IE to Chrome they are identical. Just another browser issue.

Cheers

Dave

Update: Krishna is right, the sap-ds-debug does format the response as a web page so the browser does not get confused be the <feed> tag. Points awarded. Thanks again.

Answers (0)