cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different strategy for replenishment

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I get a different picking strategy for replenishment, it needs to differ from stndard picking strategy? Is this possible?
I'm sorry if there are already topics on this but I couldn't find them, you could post me a link to a solution if it already exists on forums.

Thanks,
John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Certainly there was a question like this on the forums, but since you already posted here's how to solve this.

For your replen.movement type - e.g. 319, you need to set an indicator for storage type search reference. E.g. number 1, then you can use it in the actual strategy search set-up.

You will have a different record in storage type search sequence definition, and you can set different strategy based on this indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you and just one more thing. How do i use this number in storage type search? WHere can i find it?

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find it under the same name - it is the eight column in the table, filed name BWREF (you can see this by pressing F1 while you are in this field).

For example, you already have this record:

WHN - A - 001 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - (001 - 002...) - standard picking sequence

You will add this record:
WHN - A - 001 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 0 - (005 - 001...) - replenishment sequence

Notice how I changed the field in row number 8 from 0/blank to 1.

And also the actual sequence for the search. Everything else stays the same.

Now when your picking strategy is called for mv.type 319, you will be running the sequence 005 then 001 instead of standard 001 - 002. You can influence other processes by this indcator, not only replenishment, in case you need this.

If you need more clarification feel free to ask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THank you this will be enough.

Answers (0)