cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sender cc: how to work on messages with different XI attachment names

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently facing the following problem:

I have to integrate a scenario using email as communication protocol (both in and outbound).

On the outbound way I know what I am getting, so this is no problem.

On the inbound way though I am facing one huge problem:

I am using a module that needs the source attachment name to do its job.

But as I am receiving emails, this source attachment name can be "MailMessage" if someone sends the content inlined or "MailAttachment-1" if someone sends the content attached.

As I am using one channel to poll a mailbox where basically both these situations can occur, I am looking for a means to use either MailMessage OR MailAttachment-1, depending on what is present.

So far I only know of ways to hard code the source attachment which will cause the cc to fail forever if a wrong message hits the inbox.

I have thought of a workaround, polling the messages from the mailbox without using any module chain, sending them to a file receiver and picking them up again with a file sender that has "archive errorneous messages" set. But this does not look like a nice solution to me at all.

Any ideas how to solve that are highly welcomed!

Thanks and cheers!

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Try to have a look to my blog:

/people/francesco.bersani/blog/2007/03/27/rename-attachment-adapter-module

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

two follow-up questions:

Can your module cope with an attachment that is not there (as mentioned I might receive messages with "MailMessage" OR "MailAttachment-1" set - never both...)?

Just out of curiousity: is there a possibility to process more than one attachment in the Integration Engine (routing, mapping, ...) from one XI message?

Cheers!

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You have to write a module, that checks whether an attachmant is there or not. If an attachment is available, replace the content of the main payload with the attachment.

It is not possible to work with attachments inside the IS. Only adapters and proxies can handle attachments.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you have the possibility to look for all the attachments in the xi message using the method

getAttachmentIterator() of Message interface.

Here how to find the sap api:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/87/3ef4403ae3db12e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope this help

Francesco

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the issue by utilizing a module that creates a separate XI message for every MailAttachment or MailMessage it finds in an inbound email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the below link

Mail Attachement name with note - Look at this note: 960502

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/11/01/dynamically-sending-a-mail-to-the-po-creator-using-xslt-abap-mapping

Sender mail adapter - PayloadSwapBean - Step by step -/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

Regards

Chilla