cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS and Adaptive RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured ADS following the guide available and created a user called 'ADSUser'. But, when am importing an adaptive RFC model, I gave my login info from R/3 system, say 'XXXXXXXX'. So will this work? Or do I need same user in both places??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could clarify your scenario, steps taken so far, technology used and product versions?

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Netweaver Developer Work Place. And am using Webdynpro with Java. Let me know if you need any more details. But I believe my question is more generic. When I import Adapative RFC Model, should I use ADSUser or any user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to specify a user who has access to the backend you need. Indeed, the application needs access to your backend, the ADS being there on the J2EE stack to render the form.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats exactly is my question. Both the users are present on the backend. So when I import adaptive RFC model, do I need to specify only ADSUser or can I give login info of any other user who have access to the backend? If its only ADSUser, what kind of role does he need to have on the backend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must use the user which has access to the functions you need, so <u>not</u> the ADSuser. As said previously, the ADSUser is used <u>only</u> for the connection between ABAP and ADS component on J2EE stack.