cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check ? How it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to work on availability check.. i have gone through the help document and understand the concept behind it.. but i really don't know how to configure it in spro.

if u people have any tutorial / screen shot on how to work on availability check please post it to me...

with regards,

James...

valuable answers will be rewarded....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Go Thr below links:

http://www.sap-img.com/sd028.htm

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/availability-check-on-quotation.htm

Steps:

IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements --> Availability Check

1. Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning (You can check in config in detail)

2. Availability Check Against Product Allocation (You can check in config in detail)

3. Rule-based Availability Check

Rewars of it helps

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Concept of availability check is to verify if the stock is available at the time of creation of sales order. If available, when can it be ready for delivery (as Packing, arranging for transportation, etc may have lead time) & if notavailble, when it would be available considering Packing, arranging for transportation, etc lead time.

Availability check whether material is available on required delivery date (backward scheduling) or not. If not available on required delivery date, system will propose next available date (forward scheduling)

Configuration steps are already mention by one of the responders.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

1. <b>Define Checking Groups</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Define Checking Groups

You define checking groups with which you specify the type of requirements records the system is to create when processing sales orders or deliveries

2. <b>Define Material Block for Other Users</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Define Material Block for Other Users.

3 .<b>Define Checking Groups Default Value</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Define Checking Groups Default Value.

4. <b>Carry out Control for Availability Check</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Carry Out Control for Availability Check.

5. <b>Define Procedure by Requirements Class</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Define Procedure by Requirements Class.

6. <b>Define Procedure for Each Schedule Line Category</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Define Procedure for Each Schedule Line Category.

7.<b> Determine Procedure for Each Delivery Item Category</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Determine Procedure for Each Delivery Item Category.

8. <b>Checking Rule for Updating Backorders</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Checking Rule for Updating Backorders.

9. <b>Define Default Settings</b>

Menu Path: SPRO>SD>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements> Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Define Default Settings.

Mohan

Award points if it adds information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James.

Send ur mail I.D..

I will send you some notes on availability check.

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my mail id. Send document to it...

sap.james@yahoo.com

with regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai James,

I have been following this thread for a while and I will be pleased if you send the notes to my email ID too

My id is sapshane27@yahoo.com

thanks for everyone for your support

Shane