cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template interpretation failed when starting delivered its services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

working on an SAP application platform 700 with integrated ITS when i start a service within the SICF branch /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/ITS i get the error 'template interpretation failed' - Template does not exist'. The same is, when i try to start from se80 after publishing to INTERNAL. ( I tried this for a lot of them)

But the standard service 'WEBGUI' with the service parameter ~WEBGUI = 1 and own defined services with this parameter set to 1 are working fine.

Therefore i don't asume that i missed some basic customizing (?).

I did not find a solution from threads mentioning the same error, but maybe in the situation described from my side there is some simple solution?

Best regards: Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Does the ICM work? I would try the URL:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/echo

or

http://<server>:<port>/sap/public/ping

first to make sure the ICM is working properly. Then check everything mentioned in note 816973.

The error mentioned usually means that the template is not published, but you've done that. If the note doesn't help then I would run a developer trace at level 2 for the "webgui" and "ICF" components for the DIA workprocess.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

thanks very much especially for your hint towards note 816973

within this note i found the solution:

note 816973 tells:

Please note that there are two special services: SYSTEM and IAC. Service SYSTEM should always be published correctly - it is required by all services that make use of SAP Integrated ITS. Service IAC needs to be published if you want to use services other than WEBGUI (= SAP GUI for HTML).

end 816973

From other threads i had already got the information, that some basis services like

'SYSTEM have to be published before publishing other ones. What i missed before was to publish service IAC too.

best regards: Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try publishing your services through se80 and before publishing maintain settings

utilities->settings->Internet Transaction Server->publish

Here maintain the site as internal.

Then also publish services like GLOBAL and ESS_GLOBAL on the Internal ITS.

and publish your service too.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

thank's too for your advices. Indeed the solution was to publish the service IAC among other ones to be published, before you can publish own services. I got this information from note 816973 mentioned from Edgar (see above).

Any way i apriciate this quick and helpful support also given from your side and i will look to give back.

best regards: Martin