cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Requirement : Backend is not available - can a model be created ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently i am working in VC for BI 7.0. MY requirement is to create a model but the database model is under development and data is not available in backend this is the present situation but my client want's to have a demo of the UI.

1. will it be possible to model with out backend?

2. If possible how to store the dummy values in the model?

Kindly answer me.

With Thanks and Regards,

Ganesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, another easy way to get dummy data is to create a csv-file and to use the JDBC BI-Kit (Menu --> Bi --> SQL Editor...). You can then model a demo of the UI with some dummy data. However, you will have to remodel some parts of the application. Especially form fields disappear, as soon as you remove the data service.

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's difficult.

The best is if you have access to the database or a copy of the database, even if there are no values available. Then at least you can create the dataservices and see the fields for your forms, tables etc.

If you try any other form, like creating a fake database, then you basically have to remodel the complete application lateron.

You can store dummy values always through formulas, or by using a different database (e.g. a copy) where you maintain dummy data.