cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Standard Side Panels don't show any data?

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiya,

I'm using NWBC 4 (patch 12) on SAP 7.31 (Ehp 6, SP10) and I can't get any of the SAP delivered Side panels to show any data.

This is typical of what I see, the side panel appears but all the data fields are empty:

The charts don't work either(?) and show nothing...

The only part of a side panel that I managed to get to works was in transaction VA03 and it was the chip to show 'company code' data - but that's not going to impress the business when I demonstrate this functionality to show them how great NWBC with side panels is...

Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong do you think or has anyone else encountered this kind of problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert

My 2 cents ...Either your basis team did not activate the parameter necessary for Side Panel or you have NOT perform the necessary Tagging  (aka Wiring).

For the former (parameter), check the parameters setup as explain in the help file below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4c/5bdb8497817511e10000000a42189b/content.htm?frame...

If this the is later (i.e. Tagging\Wiring)... That meant that the info from your SAPGUI main screen, has NOT been setup to pass the info to your side panel chip. Some of the standard SAP delivered Side Panel CHIP does requires you to perform your own tagging; and there's a security requirements. So before you start this ... Make sure that you have confirm the parameter had been setup correctly (section above); and you have as much of a security rights as possible.

Using Pages in the NWBC Side Panel - Creating Mashups with the Page Builder - SAP Library

HTH ...

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I think its something to do with the switches:

Thanks again for your help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

diwheeler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I can't tell what runtime you're using but we found this problem when trying to set up the new /ui2/nwbc runtime with side panels.  All steps had been followed, but data was not flowing through.  We were dealing with SAP Business client 6.0 PL4

In our case, it was because of a bug in the business client desktop software installed, and required the upgrade of our desktop client software.  I believe it's fixed in the latest business client patches, however if this isn't something you can do quickly, your workaround is to activate the old NWBC runtime service that handles the side panel.  (nwbc_ext2int)

You can read a little more about it in the note:  https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2201009/E

PL5 is the latest patch fix.

Best of luck (all of you)

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem... any solution?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid not. This just doesn't seem to be simple.

There is no tutorial to follow and no clear guidance from SAP on how to implement side panels.

I may have to create an OSS incident but I suspect the answer will be 'it's a consulting issue'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to get this solved?

I have exactly the same issue, we have just updated to EHP7 and I want to switch on side panels in NWBC, I have the panels activated but they don't get any data.

I have activated all the NWBC services, I have switched on the WD chip services, activated the business function listed above... still nothing.

any help appreciated.

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiya,

What you write sounds correct but obviously something has been missed...

Could you send us some screen shots of what you have done for the following steps that you mentioned please:

-'activated all the NWBC services'

-'switched on the WD chip services'

-'activated the business function listed above'

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the reply:

We have activated these services for NWBC

and these wd chip services

and this business function

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

All good so far.

I think the next step is for you to sitch on some irreversible switches (gulp).

But before I guide you into doing that could you just confirm which side spanel you are trying to show data for?

Are you seeing any charts in the 'Reports'?

Is any master data being shown?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I'm trying to use the sidepanel for ME23n in the role SAP_BSSP_LO_SIDEPANEL

The reports are blank

as are the master data

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiya,

It looks like you need to switch on all the simple reporting switches - these are irreversible so please just check with your team first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse my ignorance, I take it you mean that I need to switch on certain business functions?

Would you be able to specify exactly which ones please?

thanks.

Neil

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry (just so busy at the moment) it's all these ones and just let me know if you need anything else:

Reporting Financials - Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP ERP 6.0) - SAP Library

ritwik
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.