Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

needed help in greying a out a field in mb21

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii experts, i have got a requirement of greying out a field in mb21... the field is GL Account because sometimes users puts a GL in the entry and wrong GL is got hitted .... please provide steps how to do that.. providing a screenshot the field which is of mb21

Regards,

Abhay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction SHD0 to create a variant for MB21. In this variant, hide the field G/L account. Assign this variant to a transaction, say ZMB21, in SE93 and give the users authorization only to this transaction.

This should solve your issue.

Refer to this document for detailed steps:

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction SHD0 to create a variant for MB21. In this variant, hide the field G/L account. Assign this variant to a transaction, say ZMB21, in SE93 and give the users authorization only to this transaction.

This should solve your issue.

Refer to this document for detailed steps:

0 Kudos

hey Manosji thanks for the reply i tried foe mb21 but i want grey out the second screen after we 1st screen in mb21... how can i do that

0 Kudos

You can grey out the field in the second screen. When recording in SHD0, you get to see all the screens and fields in the transaction.

Did you try creating the variant? Did it not reach the second screen?

0 Kudos

hey .... yes i tried to create a variant its not going on the second screen

0 Kudos

Press the green tick, it'll go to the next screen in the sequence

0 Kudos

hey manosij... thanksss it strts going

0 Kudos

hey manosji... i m facing a problem while assigning the transaction variant.. can you provide me steps

0 Kudos

SE93: Put the new tcode name and say create

Put some short text. Select variant transaction.

Choose your variant in the next screen and save:

0 Kudos

hey manosij... its shows a variant doesnt exist

0 Kudos

Transaction on the second screen needs to be MB21, the original transaction

0 Kudos

hey mansij... providing u the screenshot of the same ... hope is fine now... can u provide me the next steps

0 Kudos

Save it. You will be prompted for a package. If you know the package to save it, else get in touch with BASIS person.

Once saved, ask BASIS to create a role with the Z transaction and assign it to the users. Also, remove MB51 in this role.

0 Kudos

hey manosij.... i have saved with the local object(hope its fine)....and here the basis person is not available have to done on the own.... sooo have to try....can u guide me

0 Kudos

hey manosij... one more problem i faced when the checked the transaction variant its goes for the particular movement type and i want to grey it out for all movement types... moreover... the screen will not go further without movement type given... soo i have define transaction variant for all movement types

0 Kudos

hey Manosij... its issue is solved just want to know how can many user be assigned a transaction variant together?

0 Kudos

You have assigned it to a Z transaction right?

Create a role using PFCG, S_TCODE = name of Z transaction.

You can assign this role to as many people as you want

0 Kudos

i have created a variant and assigned to only 1 user id which i want to assign to many userid... and in pfcg... i want to know where i have i assign transaction variant.. the variant is created successfully as shown in the screenshot

0 Kudos

hey manosij... i tried the same stuff in production ... it get stuck on movement type... its mandatory field sooo its goes on movement type then.. i created the same in development.. it did... can u help me

0 Kudos

Why are you creating everything in production again?

You can transport this from development.

Anyways, where do you get stuck..in creating the variant? movement type is mandatory so fill something in during recording the variant, and leave the field editable in the variant

0 Kudos

i did the things in development but it didnt ask me for spool request soo creating again in prod.... i am stuck on this screen and where to make movement type field editable?

0 Kudos

It is called a transport request.

Check the screenshot on your other post: