cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBOF error -while updating back dated billing documents .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have some billing documents created in the month of January 2014 . In April 2014, i have created a rebate agreement with Validity date from 1st January to 31st January 2014 . When i am running VBOF transaction with input agreement nos. and with below input parameters, i am getting error as shown in the screen shot below:

Error after VBOF run

-Is this because the old billing documents from January 2014 are from last fiscal year ? Here the no.range used was limited to last fiscal year .

-I also tried to change the posting date in VBOF input selection screen to 31.01.2014 but received the error -"Posting period 010 2013 is not open"

Please suggest me what should i do update these billing docs .

Regards,

Rachana Vikmani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_rosa
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rachana,

the first error is not visible in your post.  I am not sure if that is exactly the case which posting period is closing during running  VBOF. If so just inform you that there SAP note 1787042 that deals with those cases.

Kind Regards,
Christian Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The first error screen shot which is missing in my first post is as inserted below:

Error after VBOF run

-Is this because the old billing documents from January 2014 are from last fiscal year ? Here the no.range used was limited to last fiscal year .

Regards,

Rachana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachana -

Does that mean your last fiscal year billing document number range is different from this year ?

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your inputs .

Yes the last fiscal year billing document number range was different than the current one . Also one of my colleague had changed that number range and maintained it for fiscal year 2014 during fiscal year end activity .

User is doing testing for new rebate process in test system . I believe what user is doing is the wrong process as he should have run the VBOF during FY 2013 if he wants to consider the invoices created during FY'13. Please let me know your view on this .

Regards,

Rachana

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes the last fiscal year billing document number range was different than the current one

Wrong approach.  Ideally, there should be a continuous number range for billing documents and should not be changed year wise as like FI documents.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But that is how we have been maintaining for some sales organization and there was no issue .

Regards,

Rachana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rachana -

It could be practical problem also as business wants to favor customer for previous year volumes,If you have not changed your number range in the system then as a standard SAP,it will allow you to consider invoices of any timeframe but as you have changed number range, VBOF is looking for invoices of current number range maintained in the system.

Possible Solution -

• Calculate accrual amount for that period and manually accrue that amount in rebate agreement.

or

• Just give credit of that amount by creating credit memo to a customer.

or

• Least recommended - Change the number range back to previous year number range during production off hours - Run VBOF- Accrue amount- and change back the number range to new fiscal year.**Note - Make sure that no new billing document should be created during that time period and do a mock test in your test system thoroughly , if you plan to do so.

Let us know, if it works for you.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Gupta

0 Kudos

Hi

What is the exact technical error you are receiving ?

I noticed in your screen shot when you run VBOF you are not defining and FI document type so the system will default RV in that case. maybe try a different FI document type like AB for example.
If it doesn't help let us know the technical error details.

You might need to split this agreement to avoid the error

Change the validity end date of the agreement to capture only the documents in the old fiscal year
and use the rebate extend function or create a second agreement for the documents created from the start of the new fiscal period up to the end of the year or the end of the real rebate agreement wit h the customer. Perhaps by this method you will be able to retroactively update all the relevant billing documents with your rebate condition using SDBONT06

I hope it helps

Kind regards
Brian

Answers (0)