SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down payments in FM

renfeproyectoau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using budget profile 00300.

I would like how it is treated downpayments in FM

My client would like the downpayment to consume budget.

First question could be how SAP treat this us the downpayment will consume budget and also the invoice related. Just after the clearing the budget will be correct?

My second question is how in SAP is treated when the invoice arrives in different year that the downpayment. Same than before: just when you clear the downpayment and the invoice the budget will be correct? until that clearing we will have a downpayment consuming the budget of year X and an invoice consuming the budget of the following year x+1.

I wait for you coments.

Regards,

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With update profile 000300 payment budget will be consumed by the downpayment in the same way as by an invoice, for example. Keep in mind, that downpayment is not reduced by a following document budgetary-wise.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

What you say is clear and so both of them (downpayment and its invoice relaetd) will consume the same budget. They refer to the same consumption but they are consuming the budget twice, no? this is at least until the downpayment is clear qith the invoice, no?

Regards,

Daniel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless, you define downpayment as statistical via OF39.

0 Kudos

The client wants the downpayment to consume budget. However I see that the "automatic downpayment clearing" in FM makes the invoice no effect in budget consumption. It is true that it seems that it does not take into account the reference code. It clears it always.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if you activate automatic clearing for downpayments (FM_DP_CLR), it will neutralize the effect of double consumption. Still, in most of the projects, the preference is to make downpayment as statistical posting. Keep in mind, that you will have to carry-forward these documents, in order to secure correct budget consumption yearly-wise.

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli. It neutralizes the double effectm, but it seems that by standar it does not take into account the reference and so it could netralize one dowpayment not really related to the new invoice.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never saw it. Why do you think so? Please, consult note 1279351 for more info on down payment clearing.