cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting .net pdk Iviews from one environment to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are just starting to use the Portal Development Kit ofr .net so we are in a learn-as-you-go type of approach. We have gone through and developed a smal application to use for testing the pdk functionality and have create the appropriate portal content (pages/iviews). But when we made changes to this little application and tried using the portal export/import process to transport the modifed application into another environment, it doesn't seem to work. The export and import run fine iwthoput any errors, but the modified content does not get rewritten in the import process. Is there something different about pdk content when it comes to transportinbg?

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

there are a few methods to transport content in EP, so i wanted to check which one you use...

1> ICE

2> JDI

3> VS.NET [i'm guessing this is not your scenario]

please allow me to understand which content is not being refreshed...

1> controls

2> custom classes

3> proxies

4> html content

etc...

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit, as I mentioned before, we're just getting started using the .net pdk. We use vs.net to get the content (iviews/pages) into our Development Portal. The problem I'm having is doing an export/import process from our Development Portal into our QA Portal. The process seems to run fine (no errors) but the modified pages/iviews are not transported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

how are you doing ?

Usually if content is not being refreshed, it is being cached.

Check your local cache settings on the portal.

Alternatively restart the portal to do a quick test to see if caching is the problem at hand.

with respect,

amit