cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF + validation

rlm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

My validation working while doing simulation in BRF.  But not available in web dynpro application (in Nwbc screen)

any more steps required to follow?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramalakshmi ,

I am facing the same error , able to simulate in BRF+ tcode but not using nwbc.

Did you find any solution , please help

Thanks & Regards ,

Deepak.

rlm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

BRF+ derivations & validations as well as workflow are client dependent?

I have to create directly to the testing client?

The work bench Request related to BRF + are not moving automatically from DEV to Testing Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this specific BRF+ application is client-dependent. You need to transport (or SCC1) the changes to your testing client.

rlm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

i did the same  in sandbox,the below mentioned warning messages are there

BRFplus rules will not be executed; inform your administrator

ID 5353D1EF045F1510E1008000AC10378C is initial, unknown, or it does not have the correct object type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to open the BRF+ application using transaction BRFPLUS. If it works from there, it should be OK. If not, then, you can touble-shoot it there. This is more of a BRF+ task rather than MDG task. It would help to get some help from a BRF+ expert.

rlm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

it is working in BRFPLUS transaction but not in NWBC

rlm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you

I have done all the mentioned steps suggested by you all guys.

I have created one function for derive the  value of industry sector in dev server simulation  working properly. But in testing server NWBC screen it was not working.

From the documents suggested by SAP does not mention the linkage between the BRF plus & MDG Badi.

Can you please tell me whether I have to call this created functions from any BRF plus API's in any of the BaDI???

If yes,then please guide me for the same if I am missing any steps.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done client copy to your testing server all your updated BRF rules?

BRF transports are client specific.make sure your both dev and testing server are in sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need to call BRF+ from the BAdI. It will be called automatically if configured correctly.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramalakshmi,

it is due to the problem with the naming convention you are following Please refer to the blog given by may Colleague which will help u to create the Validation and rules properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BRF+ validations are performed for entities that changed. So, if you change entity MATERIAL, CHECK_MATERIAL will be called. If you only change entity MARCBASIC, then CHECK_MARCBASIC will be called. If you change one or more entities, only those CHECK_<entity_name> for changed entities will be called.

As mentioned above, the function name has to be all in upper case. So, CHECK_MATERIAL will work but Check_Material will not work.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can take quick look at below guide to see where you are missing the step.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14915

You may refer page 15 onwards to see how it works and naming conventions followed.

Thanks

Praveen

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramalakshmi,

you have to follow naming convention properly other wise the validation will be reflect in the NWBC,

Please refer to the below link.

Definition of Validations and Derivations - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

further you have take care of naming convetions of Attributes in contex objects.

e.g.Entity_attributes like Material_LABOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Can I have your personal mail Id, We need to discuss some couple of scenario

Regards,

Manoj.