cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICO Synchronous messages failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an ICO configured synchronous scenario..SOAP Sender  (3rd party system) - PI- SOAP Receiver (ECC), ABAP Proxy is generated on ECC. Messages were flowing successfully till yesterday but today messages are failing with the below error:

SOAP: call failed: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.mo.xmb.XMBMessageHeader.getMessageId() of an object loaded from local variable messageHeader

Screenshots of sender, receiver adapters and error logs are also attached. Please check and help me resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Please make sure that they are using the correct username and password. Because it seems the issue is on the sender.

Also check that the user is not locked.

If that does not work and you are out of options maybe give the system a bounce.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Null pointer issue comes when receiver system gives a bad response . So please give the payload( Outbound message from PI) to ABAPER and ask him to test / debug the ABAP proxy.

Thanks

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Indrajit, it may be connection issue with your ECC system. Try to check the connection in SM59 from both the systems.

And also  check the Payload that you are getting from 3rd party whether it is in proper format or not.

It may also be a payload issue , check the payload Header and all.

Regards,

Tulasiram.

0 Kudos

This might have problem with the message server, so try to restart the service in NWA.

Please check the post as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

I think the problem is with your HTTP destination.

Check and test the connection and make sure it is working.

Also check these

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3357814

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3198072

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your quick responses.

Hi Indrakit Sarkar,

Yes, I think the problem is with the HTTP destination in NWA. I am unable to ping it. The same type of connection from ABAP stack is however working fine. Please check the screenshot attached and advice how to resolve the issue.

Thanks a lot,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Check the port 8010 is active in ECC or not.

You can check via transaction SMICM--->goto--->services

Also make sure that the URL is correct and there is no typo error.