Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material to be packed in HUM

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating in handling unit in HU02. I am able to create handling unit successfully but the thing is after creating HU material still existing in Material to be packed though I created HU for the respective material.

Please find the screen shot of HU. As per my under standing material has to removed after creating HU for the material full quantity.

Regards,

Chand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chand

After creating the HU you are supposed to pack the material into HU. Please follow the below mentioned step to pack the material to HU and save it

Step 1 select the hu

Step 2 Select the Material

Step 3 press the pack button

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Sorry for the late reply.The process what  I am doing is

1. Go to HU02

2 Enter the material Plant and storage location

3.Select the material line and click on PACK Icon.

4. I am able to see HU generated.

Please let me know the process is correct or not.

Regards,

Chand

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are following the right process. make sure that the quantity in partial quantity or full quantity. if you are packing less quantity then total quantity then next time again the same line item will appear with balance quantity

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After assigning the material into HU then you need to save the Handling unit.Check in LT 24 if you are using warehouse management.If any Transfer orders pending for confirmation then confirm the transfer order through LT12 transaction.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

In our process we are not using WM. My basic question is after creating HU material still exists in the 'Material to be packed ' level.

Is it standard process?

why because when I select the material line item again and click on PACK icon the system is giving proper message as "material quantity is to be packed is Zero" and only empty HU is creating.

Please let me know is it standard process.

Regards,

Chand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chand,

You say you're not using WM, but I do see a warehouse number in your first screenshot.

I am also used to the material line disappearing after pack (especially in deliveries) but you might have this conflict because of incorrect IM/WM usage.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Yes it is lean warehouse management. I am okay with that just want know whether I am going in right way or not.

when I do the same thing in IBD for GR when I pack the material immediately the material is disappeard.

Thanks for your replies.

I am closing this issue.

Regards,

Chand