Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc fails to execute

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont seem to be able to resolve this...during the Configuration for XI, we need to create the RFC destinations for AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER, which i did and created the corresponding one in the j2ee stack also, however a testRFC fails..with the error that could not open rfc connection. i did all the usual debugging..hosts file, services file. Howwever when i open a command prompt and start the rfc from a command line..then it accepts connections. else it doesent, that is to say..the testConnection then works. This is a netweaver 2004 install on win2k3 server, any ideas...on how to fix it. also from sm59 some of the other default rfc`s dest`s created also dont work.

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me to be able to test rfc connections..i need to have atleast the basic rfc stuff working...which its not..thats the issue here.

Regards

Ravi

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

I tried that...doesent work...same error..unable to open rfc connection.

Regards

Ravi

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some additional info

1) this is the error seen in the syslog

SAP Basis System: Communication error, CPIC return code 002, SAP return code 679

2) Error opening rfc connection...

Program IGS.IB7 not registered.

Detail tp IGS.IB7 not registered

Component sap-gateway

3) I checked the above program id on se38 and i got a msg that program doesent exist.

4) However when i do a manual start of the rfc like..

rfcexec -a pgmID -g host -x sapGateway

with the correct params...

then a test Connection works...

5) When i change the programid to match the listenrfcprogramID from the igs.xml file..then the test Connection works.

i believe its an network issue...

Can anyone help in this regard..............any help is highly appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

in XI in SM59 transaction......open a TCP/IP conn......edit it.....mark it as registered server program........now save this TCP/IP conn.....again test this TCP/IP conn.......now your TCP/IP conn should work......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, have you checked the log on SM59 - RFC -Display Trace.

Some time I have that kind of problems when the gateway host and port cannot be resolved.

So look into the services file if you have the port sapgwXX where XX is the sysnr and also look into the hosts file if your host name is on there.

Regards

Omar Hernandez

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) its tcp/ip

2) if the gateway host and port cannot be resolved then starting rfc from command line..also shouldent work...but it does..indicating that the gatewayHost and port were resolved, that is whats throwing me off.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check the below link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

which RFC your testing is type R/3 or TCP/IP ?