cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user provisioning to targets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a certain requirement to be completed for creating a user from HR system (non sap) to target system. I am using IDM 7.2.

I have a job which transfers users from HR to IDM. I have enabled delta for the same as well. So now any changes on hr are being read into idm.

Now for a new user entry in HR, I have to run a script in idm to get a unique id which will serve as 'logon id' for my target system. Like below:

Sap id  =  $Function.script1(%firstname%!!%lastname%)$$

So the flow will be like below:

1. User created on hr

2. Event agent detects the user and creates the same user on idm

3. As per the privileges being passed, the user will be created to target(s)

So, the above script for unique user id has to be run in step 3 where the user is being assigned the privileges.

How can this be accomplished for just new users?

Thanks so much,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peterwass
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can add a script to the task tree wher ethe user is provisioned to the target system (get a name - either directly on the create job or create temp id job) if you want them to be all different.  You can verify uniqueness against the ACCOUNT<repID> attribute.  Thus it will only happen when the user is provisioned to the new system.  If you only want it for new people regardless of whether they're on the system you're provisioning to, I'd set a flag on the user during import 'Z_NEEDSUNIQUEID' or some such.

There will be issues where you have multiple jobs happening at the same time in that they won't have an ACCOUNT attribute at the time and may end up getting the same name generated for two people provisioned at the same time.  You might be able to get around this by also querying TEMPACCOUNT... and making sure your script sets that as soon as you have a unique name.

However this will probably make management a little difficult - there is no guarantee that you'll get the same on each system.  If this really what you're after?

Peter

Public Service announcement: My previous SCN account disappeared so if you were following that, its going to be very quiet...