cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From where to download PC client(mainly open client) for Sybase ASE when Sybase ASE database already installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Sybase ASE 15.0 database installed but no PC client(mainly the open client component) for Sybase ASE 15.0.

Can someone please tell me from where can I get PC client installed for Sybase ASE 15.0 as the software providers have no idea about PC client component(esp. open client as that is what I need) of Sybase ASE.

What is to be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M;

Your DBA who installed ASE should aslo have the ASE Open Client install as well.

If not, download the free ASE developer version - run the install - and only select the Open Client part. That should accomplish the same goal.

FYI:  ASE 15.7 Developer's Edition - Sybase Inc

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris.

Will open client 15.7 be compatible for syabse ASE version 15.0 as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,have tried the given link a number of times since last few days,but its unavailable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M;

Yes, the 15.7 client will work just great with ASE 15.0. We use this combination at work as we have various instances of ASE 15.0.3 and 15.7 but use only the 15.7 OC to access both.

Just make sure that you stick to using only the ASE 15.0 features and you should be just fine.  

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh Dear ... you are right .. the old link is broken after you get past the agreement page! 

It no longer works from here either ... http://www.sypron.nl/get_ase_soft.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M;

Try this link for the ASE Developer Edition ....

Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the 15.7 ODBC driver to access a 12.5 server from 64bit MS Access. So Open Client is pretty flexible.The lower version between the ASE server and the Open Client is the capability level you have to stick to in your app.

Answers (0)