cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sourcing:Disconnect LDAP and Connect UME for user store

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question  refarding the SAP Sourcing. (Frictionless).

We are currently  LDAP for user store. Some configurations are already in process and some completed.

Now we plan to move to UME on Java Netweaver as recommended by SAP.

Please could some one help with the steps to delink the current user store and again relink the user store to UME without breaking the system and configurations?

Thanks
Manmath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manmath,

Changing user stores will most likely cause some impact on the users in the system.  There are several ways to reestablish the users in a new user store. There are direct imports into that user store or you can force the application to make these new entries by changing the directory configuration to point to the new user store and import all the users again.  Typically, you will end up with a new password for each user so there needs to be some advance warning in this respect.  To use the application to do the user creation you will need to prepare a user import .xls file. You can fill this information from the results of a custom query if need be.   Make sure the settings in the import will A) create a directory account B) create the password and C) send notification to the end user.  I have a document which gives a bit more detail on setting up the UME if you want. I can send by email if you contact me directly.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

Thanks Gary,

Please could you send me the document on my email manmath dot m at gmail dot com.

Also please could you help me with the best scenarios for authentications in the e-sourcing.

My requirement is to have a minimum two levels of authentications.

Thanks

Manmath

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

document sent.

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the detailed steps. I am using SAP sourcing 9.0. I am unable to login as enterprise user. I have exactly followed the steps as you have described.

Any help if really helpful.

Thanks

Manmath

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

The enterprise user in Version 9 requires the use of the /enterprise servlet. Are you doing that?  Since the password is stored in the sourcing DB, your issue should not have anything to do with the change from LDAP to UME. However be aware that you may need to close all browser sessions to clear up problems.  You may have to send some screenshots to demonstrate your current problem.

Gary

0 Kudos

Thanks Gary for your help.

Some post install steps were not performed correctly on our system. After performing the same we were able to login as enterprise user.

Thanks

Manmath

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your help.  As you said, I noticed this strange behaviour.

I was loged in  as system in one of the internet explore tabs. Now in another tab I tried to login as enterprise; the system would not allow me. Then I had to close all the browsers and reopen again to login again as enterprise. Your tip was really helpful.

Now I need your help in changing the source to UME from LDAP.

We have successfully changed to UME.  Below is our scenario.

We already have SAP sourcing 5.1 ( productive) and our plan is to upgrade to 9.0 version.  As a first step to build the sourcing Development system,  we have copied the database of production. Then installed new sourcing 9.0 software on it. After doing the post install steps, We want to point the system to UME from LDAP.

With your help we have pointed to UME successfully from LDAP.

Now the issue is

1) The old production users which were in LDAP are showing up. This is not want we want. You said that we should delete the old directory. Is there some other place where we should be deleting the users to completely delete all the production users? Any steps to totally eliminate the production users is really helpful here.

2) Some of the links like the login for FS buyer  don't work. For example

http://<hostname><port>/<context>/fsbuyer/portal/login this doesn't work, whereas http://<hostname><port>/<context>/fsbuyer/portal/index works perfectly fine.

I believe both of them should work.

Thanks

Manmath

Answers (0)